What is the red button?

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Cloudrat, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

2. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Pushing a red button is always bad!
  3. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Ahhh, that's why I add troubles interracting with it (or finding the right spot to click), I'll have to update my .dds file (still using the old UI from last summer)

The button is to launch recording of the game. it allows you to save a video (on SoE servers I think) and upload it to YouTube. It's not stored on your computer (or I got very bad eyes problems).
  4. ARCHIVED-Bunji Guest

After recording it will pop up a window to upload your video to youtube, but it also saves your video in your root install directory.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Is it recording voice at the same time so maybe you could do instructional videos for crafting ?
  6. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

no clue, and I was mistaken, it's stored in your root directory (TestServer) as EQ2VideoCapture.avi
    My file is blank but until I redo my dds (image file for buttons) I don't know where to click :/
  7. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Whilhelmina,
    Did you edit your eq2ui_mainhud.xml file and add this line to it "eq2ui_mainhud_vidcap.xml" ?
    and
    the eq2ui_popup.xml and add this line to it "eq2ui_popup_video_upload.xml"? yet??? I can see all the buttons etc in my fetishui....
    Eshaac
  8. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

mmmh, I don't have a custom mainhud.xml nor a custom popup.xml so my problem is probably coming from a missing picture somewhere in windowelements.dds (image file). I'll work on it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    These are the 3 image files that were changed/updated..
    icons/icon_is108.dds, icons/icon_is109.dds, icons/icon_is110.dds Hope that helps...
    Eshaac
  10. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Aaaah, it was neither of those but looking at the .xml file, I found the right one: widgets03.dds
    I used the old one to retain the coin texture and never added the buttons that were added last year.