What is the formula for conjuring a wizard's eye?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Galldora, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Galldora Well-Known Member

The wizard's eye to which I am referring is the one atop the wizard's tower on Galldora's stormy isle. This one:

[IMG]

It's made by setting off multiple firecracker launchers timed just right. Problem is, firecracker launchers need to be reset every time the zone loads, and each time I have to do a lot of tweaking to get the eye to really look like an eye. The structure of that big crystal atop the spire is actually quite eye-like to begin with, but still you need to get the launchers just right to get this effect.

I was hoping to find a reliable formula to conjure up the eye, so anyone who wanted to could just follow the formula and make the eye, but I'm no longer sure this is at all practical. For one thing, it's not that easy to be precise in setting off the launchers. Also, I'm not very methodical.

The good news, though, is that visitors can indeed interact with the firecracker launchers. Anyone who wants to try their hand at making the eye will find the teleporter to the launch station around the back of the tower. Be careful up there though, as you'll find yourself standing on a watery tile with only the teleporter and a bunch of fireworks launchers. :confused:

Edited to say: This is on Galldora's stormy isle on the Freeport server. It's on the leaderboards and is called Trick or Treat at the Wizard's Tower.
    Feara, Geden, Afista and 1 other person like this.
  2. Geden Well-Known Member

Very creative and beautiful, I will definitely visit soon! The eye of Sauron analogy really comes to mind when looking at it, and I am glad you made it happier-looking :p.
    Galldora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Happier-looking"...? Well, less bloodshot, yeah... ;->

"Ring Wraith! My Visine! Now!"
    "At once, Your Awfulness... Orcs! To the bucket brigade!"

Uwk
    Geden and Galldora like this.
  4. Galldora Well-Known Member

These two comments gave me quite a chuckle. Thanks, needed that!

Geden, when I look at the eye in this screenie, it does actually look, if not happy, at least alert, aware and eager. This was actually the eye I found the most realistic and freaky, because it looked 3D, really round and sort of bulging down and making Galldora worry that it was going to burst and spill nasty eye goo all over her. And it was weird how the vision was there for only a flash at a time....

If you visit and you want to try setting the launchers, it seems like a good place to start is by setting off a Gorown and a New Halas launcher as close together as possible, and then set off a Freeport launcher. The Gorowyn launcher provides the yellow-pink-red in the image and the New Halas one adds the white of the eye and the pupil. The Freeport one adds those rings around the eyeball, emphasizing the roundness, and it seemed like it was also creating the creepy bulging. There are several of each type of launcher and they are at slightly different heights, so there are things you can play with to shape the look. If I could find some sort of gnomish controller for setting off the launchers that was more accurate than manually clicking, the process might become a bit easier. Still, it's not that difficult to get some approximation of an eye, and it can be interesting to see how it turns out.

"At once, Your Awfulness..."

hahahaha.....
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Geden Well-Known Member

What is life without humor? (rhetorical question) Glad we made you laugh, and I will definitely launch the fireworks in suggested order. We really don't have many interact-able items on that level in game, and it is great to push buttons and see things happen :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I really, really hope they put them into the City Festivals with the specialty seller guy (have they done so already? haven't looked for them there yet, but haven't needed them yet...)! ;->

And yeah, a tinkered "Rocket-o-matic" thing would be cool for next Tinkerfest! ;->

Uwk
    who likes to think he's funny, and it's cool when folks say he actually is :D
    Geden likes this.