What is fun?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kenn, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Kenn Well-Known Member

Collecting shinnies is fun, but then there are no-trade ones that I can't solo to get.
    Harvesting was kind of fun at one point, but now there are auto harvests so its really easy for people to get.
    Blasting through hoards and hoards of mobs in the Sky was fun.

Thinking back to everything you have done in Everquest 2, what did you find fun?

If we could get a list of what everyone finds fun and put it all into one expansion, that would be cool.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I liked sub-combines :)
  3. Cheesenabber Active Member

But I don't even agree with myself on what's fun, how can I agree with you?!

seriously though, I enjoy wandering around and finding stuff and having lots of little quests to keep me busy. The sig line and stuff are good to have an idea what's going on, but I love those little, silly quests that make it seem a little more personal. Like what that group thanks about/does on a day to day basis (especially gnomes. gnomes are fun)

I also love the HQs, though I'm not sure what's left that's "iconic" enough to be made into one
    Soara2, Dude and Breanna like this.
  4. Kenn Well-Known Member

We don't all have to agree with everything on the fun list. Just a combined list of what everyone finds fun, then everyone select the 10 or 20 items and see the results. Then package it into an expansion. Even if it was something the game doesn't have, like fishing for aquarium fish, if that was fun.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Battlegrounds! The original Bg's

Most fun I have ever had in an online game
    Argosunited, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I like being able to be competitive without having to spend lots of RL cash. That to me is fun.

Let's package that into an expansion.
    Argosunited, Soara2, Xevran and 3 others like this.
  7. Smashey Well-Known Member

Imagine just wanting to spend your precious time on a game to improve and compete against others instead of swiping your credit card. What kind of gamer wants that.
    Soara2, Xevran, Finnwizz and 2 others like this.
  8. Kenn Well-Known Member

Seems like they should be able to do that easily enough because they have the code already.
    Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I liked dungeon maker, Agnostics, Skyshrine and proving grounds. ToT was a blast too for me at least. All these when people were grouping them of course..I had finally got to max level during ToT and could group these in non upgraded MC gear.
    Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  10. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I think home decorating is great fun and considering that I have 20 Characters, 18 on Skyfire and 2 on Kaladim, and you are allowed a maximum of 25 houses per character = I could have 500 houses to decorate all told. Joy of joyousness! But as it stands I only have 99 houses so far, about 5 or 6 aren't decorated yet. I guess I should really get somebody to buy one more house and round out the number to 100 homes. Of the 99, 34 are rooms & the rest are no rent cost houses.
    Soara2, Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  11. Naramee Active Member

I liked and still do those Little Details, like that Little Goblin in the craftertimeline in Lavastorm. He wantet a Barrel hm was it gunpoder or such, he swallowed it and blew himself up, or the names the makers come up with. Like I said, all those Little Details most would just run passt.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.