What is "dumbfire"?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Google isn't helping with this one. EQ2 traders talks about tinkerfest offering a "dumbfire pet" - what does that mean? Thanks!
  2. Xavion Well-Known Member

i think it means just a non attacking cutesy follow pet
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I thought dumbfire were the temporary combat pets cast by a spell or item.
    Finora, santargria and Alenna like this.
  4. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I have always used "dumbfire pet" to mean the temporary ones not under control, like the necro bat swam which always pulls the other golems in crypt.

So if you get a control panel it's not dumbfire. If you cast a spell and a pet animation occurs and then vanishes, that's dumbfire.
    santargria, Mermut and Prissetta like this.
  5. Raenius Well-Known Member

Could also say it is an animated DoT.
    Finora likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Those are cosmetic pets.
    santargria likes this.
  7. Ratza Well-Known Member

Yes..a "temp" pet that is cast with a spell. You are not able to control it like traditional pets used by pet classes.

Examples of dumbfire pets are the Brigand Band of Thugs, Necro Blighted Horde, Congy Aqueous Swarm, etc.
    santargria and Prissetta like this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Yeah a dumbfire pet is basically a spell with an animation to it that includes some kind of creature. It's not like a real pet that interacts or casts things of its own accord.
    Siren, Ratza, Shmogre and 2 others like this.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

((Hugs)) everyone! Thanks!
    Shmogre likes this.
  10. Shadowvamp New Member

Are the dumbfire pets effected by how much attack speed and multi attack DPS etc?
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

No. It does a prescribed amount of damage based on the spell tier. The always thought the difference between it and other DoTs is that the mob can actually attack and kill them vice curing them to end the damage. But I'm not really sure about that.
  12. Lysia Active Member

Dumbfire are truly dumb lol --
    I had a guild leader who loved all of us wizards
    and other dumbfire owners to cast them before a particular
    big fight for one of the fabled weapons --
    he was a tank, guess he liked them for aggro --
    never did figure it out -- haven't used mine since