What in the world does Aquavision (fish vision) do

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Estean1, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Estean1 Guest

The spell says it lets you see more clearly underwater? I see no difference at all at any resolution. If this is a bugged ability it has been this way for a LONG LONG time. And if it is bugged why is it one of Frogloks main racial innate abilities?
  2. ARCHIVED-kittenboy8 Guest

Its not bugged, it works like it always has
  3. ARCHIVED-Jihanna Guest

Osik@Nagafen wrote:
    I think that's the point of the OP's question. I've also never seen a difference at any resolution. So the question still exists...is it broken or are we missing something?
  4. ARCHIVED-Surdatiny Guest

Its not broken. You just can't see as well as you could if you were on land. There is a clear difference.
    One way to tell is if its off is the fact your vision is alot more blurrier than if its on. Another way to tell is as you are swimming the area around you will be clear where as it would be bluish with it off.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jihanna Guest

Surdatiny,
    That's what I'm saying...when I use it, I see no difference. No matter my graphics settings, the view doesn't change.
    Most of the time, I see okay under water as is, so I don't really use this spell much, but I recall trying it or having it on a few times and thinking "What's the point? Nothing looks any different".
    Maybe it's graphic card specific? Or is there a particular graphic setting that I missed?
  6. ARCHIVED-Surdatiny Guest

Dexilie@Mistmoore wrote:
    That shouldn't be the case. Have you tried diving down and viewing under water with/without it off and notice just a slight blurness without it on?
    There isn't a lot of difference however there is a difference. I will post a screenshot.
    As you can tell this image is blurry its actually the water vision off.
    [IMG]

And below is the water vision on.
    [IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-Estean1 Guest

You can't be serious that the slight difference in the above pictures is how it is supposed to be. If it is then my opinion on what is the most useless spell in the game has changed.
    The description on this spells says - Provides clear vision underwater, removing any blur. Lol FAIL. Not a big deal but it would be a cool spell if it worked like the description says
  8. ARCHIVED-Edavi Guest

Estean@Butcherblock wrote:
    all of the "Vision" spells are useless, some have sonic vision, some have ultra vision etc.... NONE of them get used because they are the only abilities more useless than dumbfire pets. They are just in there to have a little extra flavor, they arent suposed to be significant :)
    Just proceed without it, infact, heh im sorry to say it, but you MIGHT actually have the most useful vision enhancement lol
  9. ARCHIVED-wullailduo Guest

Umm..I find the bottom picture a lot clearer than the top one , so it's doing what it says.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

It does exactly what it says. It removes the blur effect that is normally applied underwater. It does not and was never meant to totally remove the underwater vision limiting 'fog'.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

I have to admit, I'd always hoped this vision spell would remove the extremely oppressive underwater fog, or at least move it out several yards. I'm constantly disappointed that it doesn't.
  12. ARCHIVED-Estean1 Guest

All the vision spells are pointless but when they are an innate ability of a race it is important.. ROFL.. frogloks unite! (sorry I just don't have it in me to champion the froglok race)
  13. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

I have found if my camera is in "close" but not first person, I can swim and as the waves change, I can see underwater very clear - almost like there is no water at all - even in NEK Forest water or any water.
    Not sure the reason why but it's kinda like being between "worlds" - all without the vision stuff which I have never found a reason for their usage other than take up space on the hotbar.
  14. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Actually aquavision does make a difference in how far away the "fog" of being underwater starts. Did you know there are quality levels of aquavision depending on the source?
    Sometime when you have several bored healers around, jump into a large body of water. Have the druid and cleric turn their water breathing off. You'll notice that Shamman waterbreathing has the worst aquavision ability of the three priest classes. Druids have the best aquavision and you'd hardly notice that there is such a thing as underwater "fog". Not having any kind of waterbreathing or totem is the worst vision. Doing this test with a race that has natural aquavision wouldn't give you any noticible results.
    Now if you swim on the surface of the water you'll be able to see crystal clear through the water because the camera is registering that your on land and that apparently water doesn't hamper vision until your immersed in the stuff. This can be helpful when your searching for mobs and in shallow bodies of water. It isn't so helpful when you have to search deep underwater and the graphics for the item your searching for have a very close "pop" range. Sometimes you just have to swim deep enough that your camera can't take advantage of this bug in the game. Or is that a feature?
  15. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

I have complained about it and bugged it and it is still the most useless spell in the game. EPIC FAIL!!!
  16. ARCHIVED-Liral Guest

Edavi wrote:
    Ultravision isn't completely useless. In certain areas of the game where it can get really dark it helps a ton. It's easier to cast that than to messwith gamma.
  17. ARCHIVED-Harowen Guest

Or you could hit Alt+L and turn on your torch.
  18. ARCHIVED-Fendaria Guest

Aule@Guk wrote:
    My torch does so little I can barely tell the difference.

Fendaria
  19. ARCHIVED-Ralpmet Guest

You can adjust the size of your torch in the options.
  20. ARCHIVED-bloodfangs Guest

Liral wrote:
    Sonicvision, because it is brighter. Also, for PvP anyway, it's the best nightvision ingame. You can spot a shiny a mile away (assuming your graphics card doesn't suck, but that's standard anyway), and it lets you see Stealthed enemies.
    Aquavision blows. Always has and always will. My little Iksar Bruiser wishes it didn't suck. But that's the tradeoff for looking like a miniature Godzilla.