What I think is the biggest issue in EQ2 today.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Atan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Delishus Active Member

See, I can't figure if you just have a big head and like to brag that there's only 5% of the playerbase that are uber enough like you to group with to have any real fun, or if you're actually serious and give a **** about the game.

I know that I don't like reading what you write because it's like watching a rerun of the demise of Star Wars Galaxies and that community - you may have heard of it, it was another Sony MMO title. Right up until the last server was shutdown SWG had become a WAY top-heavy MMO with successive xpacks that only made it more top heavy and eventually completely shut off the fun for a genuine new players starting out. The end-gamers were too busy grinding SWG's raid equivalents and instances and even guilded (PA) newbies couldn't tag along because they just brought the whole thing to a halt. So they quit coming and the game finally finished it's death spiral in classic Sony fashion (thats after server merges, character xfers...you get the point)

When I listen to Atans bragging, because that's exactly what it is, I just hear the usual blah blah from one of those who exists to make the game (any game I'm sure) top-heavy and can't find any compelling reason to go quest and hunt stuff with a level 1 ...that is aside from boxing his own alts I'm sure.

Here's a thought...the next thread you create maybe quit whining about how you can't find anyone uber like you to group with, or rather, the 5 other players as uber as you that aren't on as much as you need them to be or whatever - and just come up with an plan to save a dying game. Not that anyone is listening or would care, but it would at least be a change from your "im so bored" crap.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

You seem to be misunderstanding, for whatever reason, to what Atan is saying about the three 'challenge duo' zones. From what I've read of these, it will take two very well equipped, very well played toons to have even a chance of success. Atan has been asking for content that is doable by PUGs, not just specifically crafted groups. To me, that does not sound like 'I'm so awesome, and I only want to play with awesome people', it reads more like 'there needs to be more content between 'easy to solo' and 'challenging even for carefully crafted, well geared groups who work together regularly' that gives rewards worth having.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I agree, the meaning I read here is there is a lack of middle ground.

HM-Raiders have their zones and specialty zones (Nox Incessit and Sirens HM)
    Casual Players have their Solo Zones.

But what about the poor Heroic Middle ground players? What about Heroic Instances having meaningful rewards not eclipsed by a solo?
    Alenna and Mermut like this.
  4. knightritalin Active Member

From my tiny tiny tiny knowledge of EQ2 (im very very new) is that one of super good things about it is that you do this fun grinding thing. (live to win). So like you become the best in the game, so if anyone ever got bored in EQ2 which I don't think anyone ever could doing that would be super fun. Or doing it with another 4-5 players would be awesome. could you imagine like setting your next couple of weeks/months just to farm/grind stuff or something to become the best at the game. and then you have SOEmote and the speaking in the game, DUDE THIS GAME RULES!!!!
  5. knightritalin Active Member

From my tiny tiny tiny knowledge of EQ2 (im very very new) is that one of super good things about it is that you do this fun grinding thing. (live to win). So like you become the best in the game, so if anyone ever got bored in EQ2 which I don't think anyone ever could doing that would be super fun. Or doing it with another 4-5 players would be awesome. could you imagine like setting your next couple of weeks/months just to farm/grind stuff or something to become the best at the game. and then you have SOEmote and the speaking in the game, DUDE THIS GAME RULES!!!!
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

If you look at what I lobby for, like the changes in this thread, its the exact opposite of making the game more 'top heavy'.

I'm just serious in my approximation that only the top 5-10% of the playerbase has either the skill, the gear, or the networking needed to successfully run that zone. Its not really a brag, its what I believe to be true based upon the difficulty SOE set with the zone. Just like I feel only the top 5-10% of players are doing SG CM.

I'm in this thread lobbying for more things that a pug can be capable of doing, and more rewards for that pug forming. I'm in the avatar thread lobbying for access to those encounters to more guilds via instancing cause I fully believe the middle of the road raiders will enjoy doing the encounters.

I don't think you know me well, or read the intent of what I'm asking for. This thread is far more about giving players in the middle of the game more to do than anything else. It would just so happen, many 'top heavy' people like me would enjoy bringing their alts along for the ride as well. What I really dislike, is logging in and seeing no interest in groups forming.
  7. GabenBison Active Member

This might seem a little off topic. But EQ2 isn't the only game in SoE's library that is seeing the lack of endgame or rather things to do in the long term. Planetside 2 is also suffering the same lack of things to do, with many of the features that were in PS1 missing in PS2. Developers are doing the samething as developers in EQ2, they're not listening to the highly dedicated players out there.

This is a video from BuzzcutPsycho. He was the most dedicated of all PS2 players and caused a lot of great improvements to PS2 after it's premature launch. Sadly, he and his guild are leaving the game due to SoE not listening to their customers, not doing enough, and pretty much doing what SoE does at their best.

So EQ2 isn't alone in this, this problem is a problem all around, even with SoE's latest products. It's a mess. Recommend listening to the video, even if you don't play PS2 since its highly relevant to other SoE games.
    Filly67 likes this.
  8. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Yes Bison you are correct this is a SOE issue not an EQ2 issue. They are destroying PS2 which had some great potential.