What have I missed? Left during Chelsith stone discovery

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by RpTheHotrod, Jun 10, 2013.

1. RpTheHotrod Member

When I left, the big talk was about the Chelsith stone is and what all the symbols meant. I also remember seeing pictures of someone showing some sort of 2 part (red and blue) overlay on the floor of a room that appeared to be a calendar. Where did that lead to and where are we, now?
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

That was quite a while ago. Since then we did battle with the Shadow Men and learned they were working for two banished dieties who were trapped in The Void. We killed one of them the former Goddess of Health that released the curse of Undeath which ironically freed her from her prison and allowed her to reform here on Norrath.

After that Freeport was attacked by the Shadowmen (and partially occupied by forces loyal to Talvus Thex) and we followed a kidnapped Lucan D'Lere to another plane called Uteria where we discovered the entire island of Odus had been transported there by an accident with the Uterian Spire Network attempted to contact the Nexus on Luclin instead of the Nexus that the Euradites has built for this system. That also caused all the Euradites to mutate from their appearance in EQ1 to the one we're familiar with in EQ2. On Odus we encounter The Duality which is Al'Kabor and Dartain in a single body who begins to study the Age's End prophecy in order to guide us. In the end we defeat the other diety in the Void who is named Rohen Theer, the god-slayer. Kerafyrm in disguise helps us research a spell to drain powers from an artifact weapon into our own bodies and uses that to absorb the power of god-slaying from Theer's weapons into his own body before disappearing.

We're lead (by Othmir riding Lodizal) to the continent of Velious. There we find out that the Claws of Veeshan are fighting against the Awakened, and that Rallos Zek is planning to move himself to Norrath and battle Kerafyrm to stop the dragon from destroying everything. The rest of the gods are against this because they fear the battle could trigger the end of the world just as easily as allowing Kerafyrm to master the power. Rallos Zek plan calls for him sacrificing his children to restore his power. After this is revealed to his children a plan is made and Rallos Zek is defeated by a raid of heros and the three demi-gods who usurp Rallos' power and cast him to the Ethernere.

As this is all happening the major powers on Norrath gather together and form the new Combine Army to counter the threat of the Awakened. The heroes accompany the army through what is left of the Waking Lands (now the Withering Lands) to find Skyshrine has already fallen to the Awakened army and manage to retake the city, only to find out that the greatest hope for defeating Kerafyrm, the Crusaders, have already been defeated.

Around this time people start to mysteriously die of no known cause. The heroes go to the Ethernere to discover why. Drinial has gone mad due to the influx of two dead dieties in his realm when it wasn't created to contain such energies. The heros manage to banish the souls of Rallos Zek and (EQ1's) Cazic Thule from the Ethernere. Afterward we manage to shock Drinial himself back to his senses to restore the balance of Ethernere and prevent more souls from being sucked in.

Upon returning we head to the Cobalt Scar to position ourselves to attack the Awakened that threaten the Temple of Veeshan...which is where we are at now so I'm going to stop here.
    Crlight and Drona like this.
  3. RpTheHotrod Member

Wooo, so I'm right on time for the Kerafyrm showdown?

Thanks for the detailed rundown! :)