What happened to...

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Faeoren, Dec 16, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Faeoren Guest

The Taelosians? And the Muramites? And the Dragorns? And the great war that was forecast in Omens? I don't recall any of this being mentioned in EQ2 Lore.
  2. ARCHIVED-PryceEmporium Guest

I would imagine that part of the purpose of setting EQ2 so far in the future of EQ1 was to leave lots of room for each of EQ1 and EQ2 to tell their own stories. As such, I suspect that some of these questions will not be answered in EQ2, but instead in EQ1. EQ2 will likely not contain comprehensive Norrathian lore.

After all, much was lost in the Rallosian war and the Shattering.
    -Pryce
  3. ARCHIVED-Iokhor Guest

I don't think that will have anything to do with EQ2 lore. According to this post, they stopped taking into account EQ1 lore before those expansions came about...

Moorgard wrote:
    As another point of clarification, the whole "alternate universe" thing is not that big a deal. Our two games are going to exist in parallel development for a long, long time, and the EQ2 team doesn't want to be forced to react to every decision those guys make in terms of future game lore.

So think of Norrath's timeline. Look at everything that happened up through the opening of the Planes of Power. That's the history and lore we're building our world upon.

We're not trying to rewrite history. We just want each game to be free to develop its own future. Make sense?
  4. ARCHIVED-Gobbwin Guest

Aye, EQ2 starts with the PoP expansion, though I think he forgot to mention that part of LoY was included as well...the froglocks. So all of that "great battle" will likely take place in a comming expansion of EQ. As far as EQ2 expansions go, look for the Lost continents to be found, as well as to what happened to the moon, possibly even access to one of the other 4 moons. And ultimately maby even the return of the gods, its still way too soon to tell and is anyone's guess, but that's mine.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ennis Guest

The thing I find interesting about Moorgard's statement concerning history is that if they are only using the lore before PoP came out then WHY are the LoY expansion Mith Marr worshipping good Frogloks even mentioned?

Hmmmm.....
  6. ARCHIVED-IlluvatorBrightstar Guest

Because LoY wasn't really an expansion :p Personally, I didn't consider LDoN a real expansion either... went PoP --> GoD :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Jacais Guest

Probably because LoY didnt introduce the Froglocks into the story, just as a playable class.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gobbwin Guest

Actually LoY was the expansion where the NEW frogloks were introduced, the day LoY went live was when the frogloks invaded Grobb. I totally agree that the LoY "expansion" should have just been a large patch for "all" that it added to the game. Woo hoo, a map tool, more bank slots, a new playable race, and a couple of zones that never really got used! :smileyindifferent: Most of which was added later as general content if you didn't have the LoY expansion...so can I get my $20 back? :smileytongue:
  9. ARCHIVED-Ennis Guest

From a lore standpoint it was a new "expansion" for all intents and purposes. The Frogloks were enlightened by Mith Marr and invaded Grobb amongst other things.