What happened to Tinkering?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Silbermond, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Silbermond Member

When I left this game years ago, Tinkering was at max skill 450. Now I came back and levelled Tinkering on one char and am disappointed with the higher level Tinkering recipe books. When Tinkering was introduced it was all about weird gizmos and gadgets that most of the time were useless or had some specific uses (e.g. I played on a PVP sever and the net launcher were a must have there).

Now Tinkering produces a lot of temporary upgrades, that are basically like adornments or potions. This is boring. Also, why do we have recipes with a set number of uses? As tradeskiller you are often a completionist and want to get your hand on as many recipes as possible. But when you can craft only 3-5 items and then the recipe book is gone, the whole idea of completing a collection becomes obsolote.

I have to say: I don't like what tradeskilling has become in this game after I left. Lots of complex new mechanics (like shadow prospecting) and tons of ecipe books that you have to find somewhere and buy for certain special currencies. Or you only get as rewards for certain quests.
    GrunEQ likes this.