What happened to the cloaks? :(

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, May 30, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it just me, is it only on Test, but something's happened to the cloaks we've been getting as quest rewards, such as the Shroud of the Aeromancer from The Heart of a Gnome quest and the various choices of cloaks we could get from the "blow up malfunctioning bots 5 times" quest for Tinkerfest (Great Balls of Fire, iirc; I have the Carbonite Clockwork Drape on the character where I noticed this, which is a nice-looking cloak, but keep reading :-/), where the cloaks would give us like +25 on our Tinkering skills (of course that never let us read the darned recipe books, so it was basically pretty useless, but still). I can't remember what the Shroud of the Aeromancer could do before, but now it can't do anything except look like crud on our backs (looks like scratched, dented, beat-up, etc. plate metal). Why is there no functionality any more, and is it a bug or a design feature? :(

I vote that if you're going to take that away from us, at the very least make them "parachute" type cloaks; if the Shroud no longer does ANYTHING, why do we need to be a particular level (55, I think...yeah) to wear it now? :-/

Hmm, apparently it's not just the cloaks; the character in question here is a Conjuror, so one of her quest rewards at the Isle of Mara was a pair of cloth gloves, the Thaumaturge's Gloves of Genius, and if memory serves, these rewards used to at least help out with stat increases (+whatever to INT and/or STA, for this example), but now all it does, item-wise, is physical mitigation. What's happening, and is this new, or am I finally just noticing it? :(

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also: Crest of the Ghostly Wail, a ring, level 50; it's TREASURED ATTUNEABLE LORE-EQUIP, so I'm guessing it was from a quest, and that at one point, it was something to behold, being LORE and all. It does absolutely nothing now. We can't even use jewelry as appearance slot items, so what's the point of it? :(

Same for Warrior's Armband of the Scarab; same level, same categories, same everything, including lack of functionality. If I tried to Broker these, they'd never sell. :-/

And the Turtle Shell Mageshield from the level 20 crafting quests! Once upon a time, they were a Secondary, Ranged item that mages could use that actually provided physical mitigation! Nothing! :mad:

Uwk
  3. Aeriel Active Member

Hi Uwk - can't help you with the tinkered cloaks as I don't have any Test toons who have done the quests in the past. However I had a look on my toons on Splitpaw and also looked on EQ2U at some of the items you mentioned and they seem to have stats.

I logged in to Test and as you say the turtle shell mageshield and buckler now have no green stats at all! They are ok on Splitpaw so something is up with items on Test. Have you submitted a bug report about the items you saw? I wonder how widespread this problem is :(

Aeriel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Aeriel Active Member

I've just seen the other thread about stats not showing up in tooltips. The stats are not showing if you mouseover an item via the recipe window so it obviously is a display bug on Test which needs fixing.

Aeriel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it wasn't until after I'd spilled my guts all over here that I saw the other thread in detail...how embarrassing! But at least we know what's going on now, and judging by the details the other poster gave, it's actually pretty serious. Not being able to check out the Broker items is a bad thing, and when I reviewed the rewards on my quests-to-complete list, I couldn't Examine them well enough to see if they were worth going after or not. :(

Whatever it is, I really hope it's confined to Test, and can be squashed forthwith. :-/

Thanks for your input here! I'll submit a /bug. :)

Uwk