What happened to Stormhold?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Liliun, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Krov Active Member

My prediction was correct :p
  2. Ummmyeh Active Member

Krovstradamus!

it will be really scary if you learn how to put your predictions in quatrains.
  3. rutro Well-Known Member

To each their own, but I never really understood the concept of this server. Why not create or join a level locked guild on live? Or mentor down and go to whatever expansion you want to. Maybe it is because people are forced to stay in that expac.? I am sure there is more than one reason.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Totally agree.
  5. Springelf Active Member

On TLE you have everyone playing the same expansion so you can get groups for that expansion. There are people all around the areas, at the quest givers. The game feels populated. On live I can mentor and go anywhere, kill anything (more or less) all by myself. It has the feeling of a ghost town. We are on TSO now and the LFG channels are filled with people looking for current zones. I find it more enjoyable.
    rutro likes this.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Mob tuning and xp rates are different on SH than live. If you look at live vs. TLE, where a mob is solo on live it'll be heroic on TLE, where it might be heroic on live, it's epic on TLE. On live you can go into a heroic zone at level with modern gear and everything will explode instantly on impact, on TLE the mobs (theoretically) will actually fight back. Daybreak just kinda sucks at getting this tuning right. Mobs are either way too easy (DoF) or stupidly overtuned (KoS).

Joining a progression guild or level locking on live is a self imposed artificial construct. On TLE the server sets the boundaries in which everyone must operate.
  7. rutro Well-Known Member

Makes more sense to me now. Thanks!