What happened to free limited time server transfers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Archaical, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Archaical Active Member

I remember multiple time where SOE allowed free server transfers for a couple of days from time to time. If you are not going to merge these dead servers, could you atleast allow people the chance to freely move their toons to servers with healthy populations without charging us so much? Most of us have multiple toons and at $25 a pop, it gets a bit pricey to move all of them over to a decent sized population server.

I wouldn't even be bringing this up if you didn't allow it in the past. It was a good idea then and it is a good idea now. I understand that back then you weren't so desperate for money that you had to rely on the funds you get from funneling people from low population servers to acceptable (definately not high) population servers for a fee, but still, you did it before and you can do it again. Just believe in yourselves. Even your self proclaimed "high" population servers are merely "decent" population servers. All the other servers are at ridiculously and unacceptable population levels. Either merge them, or allow us to go to acceptable population servers for free like you used to please.

Lots of love,
    Me
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I recall those. They typically were offered immediately after a merger so you could get off of the merged server if you didn't like the merger (ie Freeport with Bazaar).
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

4. Ucala Well-Known Member

they only usually do it when server merges happen
  5. Seliri Well-Known Member

aint nevuh was! =X
    Veralagus likes this.
  6. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I remember when mistmoore was so overcrowded they offered free transferes off to Grobb. lol but later they merged Grobb with Everfrost. Now even Everfrost is dieing the poor thing
  7. Vinyard Active Member

Gotta fund EQN somehow....
  8. Kilar Active Member

I think that with the low population throughout EQ2 that SOE are barely getting enough funds in to fund EQ2, let alone syphon them off to fund EQNext (Stupid name).

I agree with the op. A server merger is needed. The server populations are far too low.
    Fictional Reality likes this.