What happened to Blortt in Big Bend?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by axxis32, Oct 2, 2023.

1. axxis32 Member

You know, the merchant that alway wanted you to buy "cutters and slicers" from him.. her... it? Is Blortt still alive and around somewhere?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

3. axxis32 Member

Dont think that is the original Blortt. He/She/it? Was still in Big Bend when Rise of Kunark was released. Sadly, I betrayed to New Halas when it was released, and later on to Qeynos (Still Inquisitor) so I havent been following what happened to Freeport. All I know is that all the outlying areas is closed off (like in Q), just wondering if my favourite NPC made it out of big bend, or still stuck there.

Found the correct npc:
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Armsdealer_Blort
    But the question is... is old "cutters and slicers" still alive? If so, where?
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Nope. She's no longer around. Removed from the game when the suburbs were taken out. She would be in Freeport if anywhere at all if she was important enough to keep around.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

didn't he become a mall cop?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[ooc: Sigh...still not understanding, exactly, why the suburbs were taken out. Okay, granted, we had more housing and merchant options, especially with the Guild Halls, but was it really clogging up the servers that much on SOE's/DBG's end, technologically, to have them be viable as lowbee residential zones? If it did, wouldn't having them still exist at all be a clog? Did some sadistic (or bitter, or fussy about the art in the Evil zones, or...) dev think it would be funny to make us have to slaughter our former friends, neighbors, and shop keeps to advance? Why was this done??? :( /ooc]

Uwk
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Clearly the suburbs must have been a HUUUUUUGE resource draw because all lag clearly went away when they did. o_O
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROLFMAO! X-D

Uwk
    Twyla and Dude like this.
  9. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Blortt got transmuted in an unfortunate accident and is now in a vial in the Herb Jar ;)
    Twyla likes this.