What EQNEXT should have looked like

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Anfis, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estred Well-Known Member

Sad but true. As a founder of Warframe (one who purchased a Founders Pack to support development) they (Digital Extremes) make a point of taking player feedback and specifically founder feedback through the Design Council (Master and Grandmaster Founders). However, most major changes and decisions are as you said Gilasil, they are made internally without player questioning.
  2. IceStormx New Member

I just tried this game and at a first glance the character details are far superior to Everquest II and Everquest Next as for game play undecided I just started but seams great so far and character customization surpasses Everquest II with allot of more fun options that some games and mmorpg's forget to incorporate the mobs are decently detailed the environment is allot nicer then Everquest II's environment but the look and feel is different from Everquest II though it is an up grade graphics wis I honestly will try Everquest Next but from the pictures and videos I have seen I most likely will not stay as it is not in my age genre if I was to put one on Everquest Next I would say between ages 3 to 5 and maybe 6 or 7 at the max before they raise there eyeso_O and say what you trying to make me play jk lol

Dragon's Prophet SC's... sure blows guild wars 2 out of the water and maybe even tera to for character details
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Cube Active Member

None of those games use Voxels and I am sure nothing is buildable or can be destroyed in the same way I would bet they are all static meshes with no way to brake them unless it is done by the artist of the game in a pre built way or uses GPU physx.

But the characters do not use voxels so they say,.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Zannah Active Member

You say that, and then show screenshots of a generic attractive blonde in her underwear. Truly groundbreaking character customization....
    What's the "fun option" that EQ2 forgot to include? Thongs?
    Murfalad likes this.
  5. Zeoni Member

Everquest next is much high age wise then 3- 7,they are going to target 13 -19 age which is the same EverQuest & EverQuest 2 is set at. the Tech demo EQN is far from finish. but Landmark will tell more about the world, but watching a video on screen of something is much diffrent then playing it.
  6. Murfalad Member

I was disappointed too with the character graphics in EQN.

Creating the world shown in the EQ2 trailer would have been fantastic, I do feel that FFXIV sort of gets close to it (although their art style is still different and they lack the rich fantasy feel that EQ2 has), but I'd also look towards Legends of Norrath for art inspiration, there is just so much great artwork there, and it speaks volumes when people are eager to part with 100's of dollars each fanfaire to buy the enlarged posters for it.

Currently instead it EQN looks cartoony, I could play it and might really like it if the storylines are great and the gameplay is fantastic, and I did play WoW for ~3 years. But to be honest I always thought WoW was poor graphically, its just that the gameplay got to me and really grabbed me after a couple of months. They changed that a little too much for my liking along with the storylines (all this heroic rubbish now), but the main thing that ruined it was that I discovered there was this game called EQ2....

Maybe they can create an Advanced EQN game, keep the same backgrounds, but add in serious looking characters, maybe even ask Larry Elmore to give them some ideas, although their Legends of Norrath team is certainly talented enough. But when it comes to fantasy art I really do like those pictures where some of the people actually look normal, it was a style in fashion in the 80's and when I see a picture like that it does make me believe I could be there too, and that's what really gets the imagination fired up.

Whereas if everyone looks like a supermodel/male model, or a cartoon character I'm divorced from the fantasy world and cannot get immersed.
  7. IceStormx New Member

Oh no Everquest II has already got that covered and I did not dress these ones either.

Everquest II SC... the barbarian "Noble Toowik Mclure" <Loyalty Merchant> & the human "Noble Tark Validus" <Veteran Merchant> in the Qeynos Province District
    [IMG]
  8. DoomBlackDragon New Member

They Really need to take this trailer and make a game out of that graphics style. That looks perfect for EQN.

Sadly EQN is most likely going to bomb. As it will be nothing more then a Guild Wars 2 clone. Which people who like GW2 is sticking with GW2. People like me who hated GW2. Will hate and GW2 clone. Which is looking like EQN will be a failure before they lunched it. Just like FireFall and Defiance failed for being the same thing as GW2. People do not want a GW2 and this is why EQN will fail.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Tbh, if they somehow managed to make EQN look like the EQ2 "theatrical" trailer gods I would love that sort of game. I don't think computers can handle that level on a full time MMO yet. Not your average homeowners computer. Not all of us are running rigs strong enough to do Studio Rendering albeit slow but our rigs can do it. By that I mean not all rigs can do a X16 Final Gather and x8 Shadow pass and still be done before the end of the day/week.
  10. Shadrac Well-Known Member

The city looked cool, but I hated the combat scenes. It looked blury and jumpy.
  11. Shadrac Well-Known Member

Those are cut scenes. Look at the actual gameplay, and you'll be disappointed.
  12. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. I think the EQN look enhances emersion greatly. I would love a game that looked like claymation. Like a fantasy world that's "real".

And the BD city looks cool, but I bet the world is static compared to EQN.
  13. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I had not given this game a look until I saw what you posted. Then I found this. This guy is funny

Pouncer likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

Not nearly as disappointed as I am with SOE's vision of EQN.
  15. Seriri Member

lols

sadly, ive thought the same as DoomBlackDragon ... O_O''...
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

Well, even though GW2 isn't for everyone, lets give it credit for finding a marketplace in a field of games....its still going strong. Its highest populated servers are literally so stuffed with players that queue times for the pvp and World vs World are hours long.

So, it could be said..that some people do want a GW2. Plenty actually. I wish this game had half the population of GW2. EQ2 with GW2 style graphics is what a lot of us were expecting out of SOE for the next Everquest. Not to be, I guess...pity.
    Rhodris likes this.
  17. Denon Active Member

The Goofy Disney Character art in EQN tells me that SOE is taking the attitude: We can't do it good, so lets just do it goofy and say it is our 'style'. Makes me wonder what else will be their 'style' in EQN.

It just amazes me that people are actually falling for it.
    Geroblue and Rhodris like this.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

That's odd. I've seen several of the trailers showing character art, and none of them resembled this:
    [IMG]
  19. Pouncer Member

I gave it my full attention ... you know, for science.

It made me cross-eyed. ;)
  20. IceStormx New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.