what else ? after PoP leveling

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by juliette06, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Lol sc items. Rather dc. I'm tired
  2. Steelviper Active Member

Kunark Ascending actually almost managed to get me interested in heroic pick up groups... after I did the countless key quest grinds and got some decent gear + the mind-numbling tedious grinding as a pre-requisite for the epic weapon 2.0 questline. At least being able to gear out decently just solo was a nice touch, as were the new Ascension abilities which allowed to unleash colossally more damage than the classic abilities... provided you paid real money to upgrade them quick enough to become really big hitters. The only other option to upgrade them was just an unrealistic triple-grind joke.
    This expac is very similar, only that it offers even much less than previous expac. Do the 3 factions to max, to receive your Prestige (screwed without AllAccess) Secondary slot item. Do the Signature questline to receive... what does it reward now? Still on my way there. Meh, fun I guess?
    Kunark Ascending felt more fun. Terrors of Thalumbra... missed that expac. Altar of Malice was quite more fun than Kunark Ascending, and it wasn't made by SoE anymore, enjoyed the heroic groups in it. Tears of Veeshan actually had a great storyline, not surpassed ever since SoE left the game to Daybreak, was seriously fun, loved the heroic runs in it as I was just getting into the real gameplay.

After PoP is done, there's really lots of older content to do. There's tons of ancient original 2004-2007 content questing just for fun & curiosity, there's some good friends to spend time with questing and helping, there's guild management.
    But new expac? Unless you're raiding, or just like optimizing your single main toon (in my case), grinding is a waste of time, heroics probably are as well after a dozen or so runs, and after questlines are done, there's barely any crafting as there is not even a Planes of Prophecy tradeskill questline in the game yet... oh wait, there's a Tradeskill achievement which actually requires you to grind the heroic zones and collect some rare Fabled harvests for a powerful mount, competing with your group mates wishing the same. Good luck.
    The better gear from Planes of Prophecy allows to run some or most of the older heroics / raids easier now, and quite a few very recent raid zones to be actually doable, thanks to Ascension + Potency. That's the good side of it. I remember devs talking about this being a very newbie-friendly expac, and it actually is true in a way - you get a set of free cheap gear right on the starter island. Wow. New players do get the good gear easy enough, but what to do with it?
    Questing itself requires some grinding intermissions to be able to proceed, and after questing it's all the same old grinding. Is there more to do? No. Get stronger gear and feel better, I guess.

Let's face it, Evergrind II is an old game now, and still running, which is admirable on itself. The team working on it is just out of fresh ideas by now, so you got to take any "new" content with a sack full of salt. Bugs are getting more numerous with every patch, and while the team is working to fix some of them, the bugs are growing faster than fixes, from what it looks like.
    Meneltel and Snikkety like this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

My comment was directed at them saying they weren't raiding, while speaking about not having much to do. Well, of course there isn't as much to do. Raiding is a large part of the expansion.
  4. Kheldorm Active Member

Well, then CN/DBG should have advertised this entire expansion as "Designed for Raiders, If you don't Raid, You Don't Want It", because that is simply the truth.
    Meneltel, Eltee, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

There are over 6,500 quests in the game (not including repeats), according to the Achievements page. Chronomentoring = busy for quite a long, long time.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

And if you've been around for a while, you've done all of those you care to do.
    Gubba Bump and Semperfifofum like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think raiding is the entire focus of the expansion. Once you take a week or two to finish all the quests, all that is left is grinding to improve gear. Whether you're in an official 24 toon raid or doing heroics, that's what raiding is and it's boring.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

Yes, but OP has not been around awhile. Came in with KA, iirc. Still, it's a valid answer to the question "now what do I do?" for anyone stuck flailing about bored, rather than sadly going to play something else.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Ever wondered why other people's posts actually show who is being quoted? It's because you're using IE. For some reason, you have to right click on reply and choose "open in a new tab." Then when you quote someone it shows up like this is going to for quoting you. :)
    Gubba Bump and Semperfifofum like this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Well, heck, that's weird. Using chrome, but still obviously pressing the quote button in the reply box doesn't do jack. Thanks!
    Dude likes this.
  11. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Well if you have alts or friends who are still working on it, there's a lot of grouping, you can duo them with someone just to speed it up, but I do wish the official duos were better. There are key quests, some of which aren't visible until after you do specific factions. There are epic 2 quests to do for your alts. There is the process of getting your crafters maxed which many people are leaving until the TS timeline comes out. I think you'd benefit more from doing it the hard way. It's very rewarding in terms of plat.

There are some (I think too many) stretch goals in heroic grouping... the easter egg that leads to a rune upgrade to the PG runes. I'm not a fan of it, but it's something to do.

You can decorate your Tinkering house with all those Tinkerfest items you have lying around, or even build a house from building blocks right inside it. I've been thinking that this is what I"ll be spending a lot more time doing. I'm going to have to re-download all the mods to help that process. I hope I hear of a "decorating how to" class again. I missed the one during KA.
  12. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Well, true. But I re-read books I like and have done so for over 20 years. Without chronomentor, I've been rerunning Everfrost and have finished the timeline and am now turning to the dungeons there, on Test. Meanwhile I'm decorating a house.

I agree with the OP though, I wish it was more of a sacrifice to do that. I guess after getting frustrated and leaving a few times, I'm pretty good at just redoing stuff I enjoyed and enjoying it again and shrugging it off. Why does everything have to be perfect? If something is only 50% fulfilling then we're going to get a range of responses based on whether you're a cheery sort or not. But I think this expansion, with its absorbing story and fun places, amusing PQs, etc... it's been more than 50% for me, even with the "so much for alts" portions. YMMV.