What Dreams May Come

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kishkumen, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Kishkumen New Member

I've progressed in the quest "What Dreams May Come" to the point where I to prayed to Brell in the temple in Thurgadin. I completed that step successfully and picked up the scroll from the altar. As an Armorer, I received the recipe: Pattern:Blank Brellium Rune, which is appropriate for my tradeskill class. I understand everything so far.

What I cannot understand--and have scoured the forums and websites (ZAM, Wikia, etc.) for an answer for--is: where do I get the first recipe I need (Pattern:Rune Casting Mold) for a Carpenter to begin the crafting process? I understand I need to use the commission system with a Carpenter to make this work but even with all of the necessary ingredients, I don't have that specific recipe in order to begin the nine-step crafting process. Did I miss something? Was there something else on the altar I missed?

Thank you so much for any help! I've spent hours trying to figure this out and simply don't know what to do to solve this. :(
  2. Lenolian Active Member

The carpenter (granted he has completed that quest up to this step) will have this recipe.
    Xillean and Kishkumen like this.
  3. Kishkumen New Member

Ah...so it is necessary for all nine crafting classes to have progressed at least that far in What Dreams May Come also? I see.

Thank you so much, Lenolian!
  4. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Ask in the Crafting chat channel for people who can give you a hand.

I know some people don't like to Wiki quests, but it might be worth it in this case since things have to be crafted by all nine crafts in a particular order. Check here or here for details.
    Kishkumen likes this.
  5. Kishkumen New Member

Ursa, thanks for your tip! In fact, I've always LOVED wiking quests and already used both of the pages you suggested to get most of the way thru the quest but simply couldn't derive from the wiki them the fact that all crafters have to already possess the recipes from having done the quests themselves. That's what got me! I've got all nine crafters past 90 on my account but just had never attempted this quest yet! :p
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

If you are on Unrest, Rotherian has the carpenter recipe. And if you wait till tomorrow, the other eight characters should have their recipes* - although that won't do you any good if you aren't on Unrest.

* I finally decided to get off of my hind end and work on the faction for them. :oops:
    Charlice and Kishkumen like this.
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

I've got all my crafters through this and the epic earring - I'm on freeport if you need help
  8. Xillean Well-Known Member

if your on ab I can do sage, alchy and the carp ones :D
  9. Kishkumen New Member

Rotherian, Santargria and Xillean--

You guys are so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind offers!

I'm on Butcherblock so I can't take advantage of them, unfortunately, but perhaps I'll just take my little Army of Alts over to Thurgadin and make it happen. Then, at the very least, I could help other numbskulls like myself to do what you three kind souls are offering to do for me.

Thank you again so much!
    Feara, Charlice and Xillean like this.
  10. santargria Well-Known Member

Sine they're working on cross server dungeons, perhaps one day they'll work on cooperative servers as well? At the very least a cross server broker would be nice - unfortunately some of these pieces have to be commissioned :(

One thing to note Kishkumen, you can make most of the things for all your toons and store them in the bank - then when your toon gets to that poing they'll already have the item in the bank and can progress forward - that's what I did - got my toons up in the order needed for the shawl by the time I was finished, all had everything they needed then just went and did the final quest part

Good luck - a surprise coming at the end of it for you :)
    suka and Kishkumen like this.
  11. Kishkumen New Member

I had no idea they were working on cross-server anything, that's awesome!

You're right, I'm not complaining. It was just very difficult for me (bang head) to figure out this one caveat; I understood everything I was asked to do -except- for this one requirement! Now at least I can get past it--even if it is going to take a bit of work. If you did it, Santargria, then it gives me hope to as well!
    santargria and Xillean like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've got toons of each class on Butcherblock. Look up Jamisia or do a /who all Sapphire Gate and you'll probably find me or somebody who knows where I am, if I'm on.
    Kishkumen, suka and Dulcenia like this.
  13. Kishkumen New Member

Mermut, thank you!
  14. suka Well-Known Member

so far, i have the tailoring recipe. i am on butcherblock- ask for fyuri. also my toon Loati has the armor one. I haven't had time to get the rest of my tradeskillers up on their faction. I might have time after the museum is finished.

also i found that when i did my first tradeskill epic on my very first toon, all i had to do was ask in chat and someone graciously offered to make everything for me if i supplied the rares and fuel. they didn't ask for any plat for the combine, which impressed me.
    Kishkumen likes this.
  15. Kishkumen New Member

Suka, thank you!

Wow, thank you guys for all the support! I'm genuinely moved by all the kindness. :)
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

So far I've got all but my Sage, my Tailor, and my Jeweler to the final recipe. For some reason, the recipe for the Gnomish Pirate Spirits was missing from my tinkerer's recipe list (even though I know he has completed the questline that gives the recipe*), so I'm having to level up another tinkerer. I'm seriously considering making a bunch of them, before turning in that quest, in the event that another toon in my guild needs them (I may even stick some on the broker so that others won't be in the same position).

Kishkumen, I wish my BB character was high enough in crafting to help, but he's a level 3 artisan. :oops: My Unrest characters tend to take up the majority of my playtime.

* I suspect it removed the recipe once I progressed past that quest.
    Kishkumen likes this.
  17. Kishkumen New Member

Rotherian, at least you didn't spend several days on the quest BEFORE figuring out you couldn't finish it, lol. Story of my life....

I've got a 460 tinkerer and I'd happily make you a baker's dozen of those Gnomish Pirate Spirits if I was Unrest!
  18. Meirril Well-Known Member

I've finished the quest and still have the recipe. Probably you aren't seeing the recipe because you aren't at a device capable of making the combine. The only place you can make it is at the tinkered still at the Thurgadin docks next to the gnomish pirate that gives the quest. You can not make gnomish spirits with a work bench.

That combined with using parsnips harvested out by the gnolls makes gnomish spirits a bit difficult to manufacture.