What do people use for basic window glass?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Dextria, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Dextria Member

The only thing that I've found so far is ice tiles, but they're not very good glass.

Is there something better? I've searched but cannot find anything else.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Lilibat New Member

Vampire & Wispy Vampire mirrors. It's what I used for my shop windows & my aquarium glass.
    Dextria and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Same here, or you could fake it by placing Cloudy Tiles and putting things around it for "window frames" and making sure no one can see it from the back. ;->

If you haven't been here long enough for the Nights of the Dead event where you can get the recipe for this, Hallowe'en is coming up, so go to the...hmm, it's been awhile; brief pause whilst I look it up...

Ah, here it is: "There Will Be Ghosts" in the Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains. You can get the quest luring--er, inviting you to go there from a goblin called Fraidikat or something like that in the 2 major cities. If you're not like 60-70th level, my best suggestion is to get to Greater Faydark, then the horse station to the Loping Plains zone entrance, then, very cautiously, approach the first horse station in that zone ("very cautiously" because SOMEONE [I'm looking at you, sadistic SOE devs] decided it would be funny to place a rather large, very aggro blood-sucker stirge thing literally right behind the horse station. Get too close beyond the outer limits of Hail range to the horse master and you're history unless the dang thing is at least yellow or lower to you. :-/

Take the horse to Somborne (sp.?) Village. Head toward the cemetery, and take things from there. ;->

Uwk
    who knows there's a ton of cool other rewards for that blasted quest (it can be a pain), but always, always has himself and all his alts going for the Mirror recipe, because there's only 10 charges per recipe. Of course, if you're really good at making them, you can get 20 Mirrors total out of each. I don't think the recipe is Tradeable or Heirloom, but the Mirrors are quite shareable. ;->
    Dextria likes this.
  4. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

For basic window glass, I will use either icy tiles or misty tiles. The vampyric mirrors are nice, but there are times I don't want to have to hassle with hiding the frames.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dextria like this.
  5. Dextria Member

Thanks for the responses. My toons aren't high enough to do the quest, but thankfully I found the mirrors on the auction house cheap!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow! That's impressive, actually; grats! Could also be that NotD is coming up, and folks want to unload them before the price plummets. Just try getting them cheap in November and beyond... ;->

Uwk