What classes have pets?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Dark_Staff, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Dark_Staff Guest

Ok I belive this question has been answerd before but I don't have the pateints and I don't belive anyone else that just wants to play the game does eather to be searching the forums for days trying to get an answer to a simple question. I want to know which classes have pets (I'm talking about classes that have them that do something, like necros) I know that in EQ1 Shadowkinght got a skelly and I really loved playing as them, but I wan't to know what classes in EQ II do and what level they get them at as well.
  2. ARCHIVED-Marinus Guest

I'll do my best: The 'true' pet classes: Conjurer Necromancer Others Coercer (Charm a mob) Illusionist (Copy of themselves as a pet) Necromancer (Can also charm undead at higher levels) Shamans (Defiler or Mystic) get a dog with their first KoS AA - I've never played a shaman and I'm not positive what all the dog does, but don't expect it to tank for ya Short Term Pets Templars get a hammer in higher levels that they can control like a pet Shadowknights get a skellie - I've never played an SK so I don't know if they can control him like a pet Buff 'Pets' Not really pets, but all the dieties offer guys that follow you around and provide a buff Wizards and Warlocks also get a guy that follows them around and decreases their aggro I think that's it. If not, hopefully someone will come along and correct me. Edit: I forgot Troubs can also charm, although for a shorter duration.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

I'm guessing you mean pets that are completely controlable; in that case, it's the following: Necromancer-Undead Conjuror-Elementals Illusionist-Personae (Doppleganger) Coercer-Charmed Monster And I think Mystic/Defiler-Spirit Wolf (only from KoS AA abilities) These classes, as well as some others, also get other types of pets, such as fluff/buff pets (Like wizzy familiars in EQ1, they just follow you around), and what are termed 'dumbfire pets,' these pets are little more than a DoT with a graphic and a health bar.
  4. ARCHIVED-mellowknees72 Guest

Furies (not sure about wardens as I don't play one) also can get an AA ability to charm an animal to use as a pet.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dark_Staff Guest

Ok this has helped, but I still need to know the levels at which I get the pets and I have another question when do you get a second class?
  6. ARCHIVED-Dark_Staff Guest

I fogot to add something I'm new to the game so please don't use the short terms as I have no idea what they mean
  7. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

I'm not sure of the exact levels, but Necros and Conjurors get their pets almost immediately. Mystics and Defilers require purchasing the Kingdom of Sky expansion to get access to the Achievement System (it's similar to EQ1's AA system) which give them their pets, and must reach level 10 to start getting AAs. If you don't have any of the expansions yet, if you buy the Echoes of Faydwer expansion at a retail store it will come with the two previous expansion and the base game for no extra charge.
  8. ARCHIVED-YeldarbSpiritblade Guest

[p]Conjurors (good guys), Necros (bad guys), Illusionist (good guys), Coercer (bad guys), get pets right away.[/p][p] Most other pets are endgame rewards, or quested.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Caliga Guest

Shaman pets are not tanks at level 50 they have 300 hit points. They are suppose to help increase crappy shaman dps, but not really. They aren't far from a fun spell.
  10. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

[p]Both druids get a charm animal AA.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Almanac Guest

Ranger also has a charm animal AA in their EOF AA Tree
  12. ARCHIVED-Bramwell Guest

Yep, I will make sure to get a healer with a pet, even a very weak one, if I am doing instances like Crypts with all melee. Having a pet pull things helps out a lot with clearing time.
  13. ARCHIVED-Caliga Guest

I don't think that would work. Pet would get 2 shotted before it made it back to you.
  14. ARCHIVED-UlteriorModem Guest

[p] Yea we get a cute little "hunting hawk" that does absolutly nothing except look cool and soak up system resources :-D[/p][p] [/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

That is a fun spell, not the pet they are talking about. Rangers, with AA points put into the correct EoF tree, get a spell to charm an animal. It requires either 17 or 20 AA to unlock it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Dark_Staff Guest

Please people stay on topic, I made this to help me and others on INFO that I belive would be helpfull for new players. The things that I would like posted here are: A. classes that get pets B. Levels in which you get them C. Don't use short terms like AA or SoK please use the full name as most new players don't know what they mean such as me D. When are you able to get a second class I'm not trying do be harsh but these are the reasons that I made this forum to help those that don't want to search through them for days on end for a simple answer.
  17. ARCHIVED-Almanac Guest

Yes, the EOF AA "Befriend Animal", which requires 17 points in Survival AAs, is what I was talking about, not the Level 65 combat art "Hawk Dive" or the Level 20 Hawk Pet Fun Spell.
  18. ARCHIVED-Almanac Guest

[p] A has been answered already and all of the posts so far have been on topic for it. For B, you'll probably have to check the class spell lists yourself (which seems fair, as you're the one that wants the information and its quite a bit of work to organize a list like that). You can find all the class spell lists at http://www.eq2ref.com/abilities/. For C, pretty much everyone on these boards use the term AA for Achievements, it'd be best to learn what it means rather than insist everyone else use different terminoligy. As for D, you don't ever get a second class. You pick your class when you start and thats it. You can pick a tradeskill class later, but I suspect that isn't what you meant.[/p][p]I'm not trying to be harsh, but if someone wants information as specific as you do then they will have to be willing to put in some work themselves to get it, not just say "I don't feel like searching, so everyone else give me exactly what I want in the exact format I want".[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Caliga Guest

We also get a diving hawk that takes arggo for 3 seconds. Does that count?
  20. ARCHIVED-Leafbringer Guest

Another quick note on Shaman pets - don't expect them to pull for you. Using them to pull is the same as throwing them into a pool of lava. One hit (two max) and it's lights out. As a Mystic, I'm not 100% sure what my spirit wolf is for, to be honest. They sure wasted a heck of a lot of AA slots on the pets though, we can add little gizmos to it if we want, in almost every category (in lieu of really useful things) - but I have not yet met a Shaman that wants to beef up a 300 hp pet. Someone referred to it as a fun spell, and I have to agree. But to be honest, I've removed it from my bar altogether because the added lag of having a pet isn't worth having it at all. Coming from a Conjurer class, where my pet eats monsters for breakfast, to a Mystic class, where the pet is an hors'deurve (sp? lol) for the monsters, has been a bit challenging. I think it's possible SOE intended to make the Shammie heals and wards strong enough to keep a pet alive for a whole fight or something. Didn't quite work out that way. (Sorry, as for explanations of common EQ terms like "AA" and so forth, try the Newbie Yard, looks like it'll be a great forum for info like that)...