What can I do to advance at level 100?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Robynous, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Robynous Well-Known Member

I have been taking a break from the game for a while, came back a couple of weeks ago and made a new toon who is fast approaching level 100 in crafting. I've been thinking of what to do at 100, and then I remembered why I didn't want to remember: A Stitch in Time! I recall there are two other questlines at 100 that are much, much more pleasant. Has anything ever been done to make it possible to advance with that content?
    Dude likes this.
  2. Denmum Developer

Welcome back! The Thalumbra and Obulus Frontier lines sadly use the old xp curves, not the PoP and beyond xp curve. (The xp numbers are based on the expansion that the quests came with.) While you "can" run level 100+ tradeskill writs instead, it is the very slow way to do it. If you have full tradeskill vitality and a means to refill it (hammer of adept hands, etc.), you can likely hit 110 with just the first quest in the Stitch in Time line. There should be videos floating around showing where the mobs tend to spawn so you can avoid them.

It IS a quest series that I would like to gentle down a bit more, but I don't have anything close to an ETA for that
    Breanna, Dude and Robynous like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Speaking from experience, the Stitch in Time questline from start to finish, with proper vitality management and XP potions, can easily get you from level 100 to level 118-19, maybe even 120 if you're really good about it.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  4. Bramdar Active Member

The last time I ran the first quest in the Stitch in Time questline, I went from level 100 to level 116 from that first quest alone. Mind you, that was with full vitality, a tradeskill xp potion, some bonus items like the Mark of the Far Seas, and an 80% veteran bonus on the account. But I finished that first quest and then hopped over to the Blood of Luclin questline from there.

I've also heard that you can use potions of progress to speed up the combines for the Stitch in Time quests, but I haven't done that myself so I'm not positive.
    Dude and Robynous like this.
  5. Denmum Developer

Progress potions help. Innovation potions help more. :D
    Breanna, Dude and Robynous like this.
  6. Robynous Well-Known Member

Thanks Denmum! I'll have to wait for my vitality and hammer to refresh, I think! But it is a pity about Thalumbra and Obulus Frontier, I'd be much happier taking my time and advancing with them! It was all a lot more fun!
    Dude likes this.