We're not that overpowered... are we?

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-Protectour, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Protectour Guest

I'd hate to think we would be...
    I mean once 90 arent we hit with the same level of dificulty as any other player in DOV, I seam to recall getting to 90 on my other toons just as fun and fast as my BL(level85_atm) has been... (up till now)
  2. ARCHIVED-Mzia Guest

No, not really. The most OP class in general right now is the Inquisitor.
    T1 DPS classes are fairly balanced, though I think Rangers are a little shafted ATM (dps is fine, but no better than an assassin's, and assassins have much better utility)

Beastlords do top T1 dps /if/ they are well played, have proper buffs, etc, but they have to be in melee range to do top DPS even then (there is no other *melee* dps class that does as little as a does BL ranged, even), they have to not get stunned/stifled at inopportune times, and they have to keep their pet managed and alive to do that kind of damage. They are at an extreme disadvantage in ranged fights - even more so than other T1 melee classes.
    They also have no AOE block, melee range extension, pet cure, etc.
    Basically, the tradeoff for all that dps is being able to really micromanage positioning on yourself and your pet, predict stuns, and click a whole lot of things really fast in the correct - and changing - order to actually do that dps while doing everything else.

That said, SOE will still nerf them to be below the other T1 dps in optimal conditions. There are too many people complaining who don't even know how the class works, what the advantages/disadvantages of the class are, etc. Most people I see complaining don't even know the pet doesn't dps worth crap.
    And SOE never listens to the people who know what they're talking about - they only listen to the loud complainers.

EDIT: Oh, and most of the people complaining who've even bothered to play the class are rolling new toons they never got to 90, and don't realize the game got 10 times easier with the reitemization done a bit back because this is the first toon they've rolled since then.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pengefinchess Guest

nope i dont think we are really, lots of fun to play tho!
    Mzia we do have pet cures in the agl line, and iv found Yeddadhs Cadaceus is quite useful too.
  4. ARCHIVED-Protectour Guest

thanks for the responses guys.
    At 85 I'm still not sure if I'm playing correctly hehe but like you said, he's fun.
  5. ARCHIVED-SeregWethrin Guest

we dont have a cure in the agi line not sure what your talking about, also that drop is of little use at the endgame.

The people that are whining about beastlords dps havent even really played them or even see them do great dps past fresh 90 and are looking at one sided parses and nothing real world.

I will admit a fresh 90 beastlord is overpowered just because they do not need to buy masters to do their full dps. all our big damage skills we get act like master damage from the get go so they are overpowered compared to anyone that hasnt gotten their master spells yet just because they dont really have that many to get I think as far as dps skills a beastlord has 5 and one of those 2 if them being their least dps.
  6. ARCHIVED-Protectour Guest

Ah I see Sereg, I understand and makes sense.

Cool =)
  7. ARCHIVED-Pengefinchess Guest

ah srry meant "heal".
    And as for Yeddahds, (im not endgame) but 40% petheal on a weaponchange macro is better than a dead warder surely?
  8. ARCHIVED-SeregWethrin Guest

It might work, I am not one to do weaponswap macros and I find usually the times when the pets die are when they get gibbed by two close aoes coming together before you can even toss your agi line heal on the pet on other mobs usually the groups aoe heals work well enough, also I have noticed sometimes its worth using a defensive warder just because they dont die so easily from aoes.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mzia Guest

Pengefinchess@Splitpaw wrote:
    Heals, while very useful, are not cures. We pretty much have to make sure our pet's in our group's healer's range when they pop their group cure, or our pets don't get cured. It may not matter on pre-DoV content, but once you get to DoV there are things that have to be cured or they'll kill our pets in a few seconds, before the detrimental expires.
  10. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

SeregWethrin wrote:
    Beastlords are stupid DPS atm. About as stupid faceroll as Sks during TSO/SF. I both play one at 90 and we have one in our raid force. They are stupid easy dps. Two of their combat arts are flat out = to a free flurry on a fast reuse timer. I enjoy the class but it needs a tweaking in pure offensive abilities/damage output.
    I'd like to see a hate transfer given to them too and better pet aoe immunity OR give necros/conjys a grp wide pet aoe/immunity buff.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tatsou Guest

Im getting tired of this. I play one as my main now. Also played one in eq1 as my main. There is alot involved to attaining the dps. Savagery takes a bit to build up. The abilities that are on fast timers are the warders weakness that is it unless a beastlord decides to go spiritual. We have 8 normal CA's on normal timers and a few AA CA's also on normal timers.
    If our pet dies we lose that DPS advantage which mine has done a few times. I have my epic and I have to work and concentrate hard to know which to hit when in feral to keep my dps up. As I said when my pet dies I lost the dps fight cause I have to resummon him fast to at least make the chart.
    This class IS NOT a spam fest with buttons. There is savagery we have to build to use our heavy hitter and hope that it lands and not get bounced off. We dont have alot of CA's cause our typical abilities are tied to our primals and advantages.
    ATM, we have 12 normal warders and 4 exotic warders which have to be level'd as well. In a sense we are also gear dependant as well. I played most dps classes and this one takes a bit know how. its not as easy as most think to believe.
  12. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

Beastlords don't need a hate transfer or better pet AE immunity. The lack of these things is what balances the class's high DPS potential.
    I do feel that the spiritual/utility side could use some tweaking, but not the offensive/pure DPS side. I shouldn't still be able to make top 3 on the parse while feeding power, warding, and healing my group at the same time. The loss in DPS from feral to spiritual is almost negligible enough to stay in spiritual stance through the entire raid. Except that I like to make the assassin rage. =)
  13. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

Laenai@Oasis wrote:
    I like to run spiritual stance for the same reason - so it feels tad bid more like my EQ1 BST. Currently I am getting enjoyment trying to solo heal zones on the BST but people have to rely on pot cures - lol would be great to have a fast reuse grp cure and cure curse.
  14. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

Yes, we are very OP. The Bstlords here that claim we aren't are trying to play it cool, because they probably figure it may postpone the nerf bat. I guess a few may actually believe they are perfectly balanced, but I'd hate to think anyones that ignorant. Anyway, don't expect a nerf anytime soon, just enjoy it while it lasts...I know I am.
  15. ARCHIVED-saden99 Guest

Instead of simply saying, "Yes, Beastlords are OP'ed. Expect a nerf eventually." Why don't you list what is OP'ed about them.

What I've seen so far is people complain we are OP'ed because we kill stuff quickly especially at low levels. Well...duh. We are a Scout DPS class and we are getting the newly itemized items that make the lower levels a lot easier. Our advantages and primals do not require us to get Master books because they are just skills we get off of our pets when they cast a Weakness on a mob. Primals scale as you build savagery with advantages and Primals have rather long recasts and you might end up using all of them 6-7 times or even much less depending on what you're fighting. Most of the time at low levels the primal abilities are required unless you're fighting 3^^^ heroics.

There's also complaints about how much DPS we do. Well...it's all melee DPS while our pet is alive. Takes about 14 seconds to get a new pet up if it gets hit (and it doesn't take much in the raid zones). Also...once again it's melee DPS which means we have to be up next to the mob to hit it...not at a safe distance away doing nearly the same amount of DPS if not more (depending on the BL's ability). Also, we have issues with our Hate. We have only two skills (that I can find) that reduce hate. One of them (Evade) does next to nothing in putting a dent in that issue and the other (Evasive Maneuvers) is an AA attack that actually works quite well, but has a long recast and isn't sufficient enough to allow us to maintain our DPS. This means BL's can actually become a liability to a more casual raid/heroic guild.

What about our mythicals? I can't say for certain why they added them like they are, but I'm sure it had something to do with upcoming raid zones. Also, you have to kill one of the most difficult encounters in the game (difficult partially because it requires a nearly fully raid-geared raid and also because it seems rather buggy). To attain the Fabled weapons you go through a long series of collection quests and mob killing scenarios (requiring a group) and then finally you get to solo a big mean boss mob. The mythicals in the new zones (such as Plane of War) are up to par with the BL mythicals and every class is going to have their own weapons and cloaks and what not. I wouldn't be surprised if Plane of War is easier then getting the BL mythicals as it is.

Please name more things to cry about.

Quite frankly, I think we need reduced DPS in return for some way to deal with our Hate. Somewhat tired of being told I'm op'ed, but it's not like we can out DPS geared classes. Hell, I didn't come anywhere close to a raid geared Conjurer and I feel like people are being mis-informed thinking that BL's could easily beat any other DPS class even if they aren't geared. It isn't possible...just like any other class we require gear.