Cannot Reproduce Were is the Messenger: Say Cheese - collected components missing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Aeriel, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Aeriel Active Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Happened Once

Zone: Karuupa Jungle
    Character: Nicoic, a level 120 Paladin defeating all that is evil on Thurgadin

Summary: Were Is the Messenger: Say Cheese - collected components missing

Description:

Step 1 - find Fivalt - completed
    Step 2 - make cheese.
    2.1 collect rennet - done
    2.2 collect milk - done
    2.3 collect mystery ingredients - done

I log out (I cannot recall why, probably for lunch). Log back in at approximately 3:15 pm UK time

2.4 make cheesecloth - done

2.5 make mahngavi muenster - cannot complete this step as the milk, rennet and mystery ingredients are no longer in my inventory. I cannot click on the 'boxes' to collect replacements. Fivalt won't speak to me. I have definitely NOT deleted these ingredients and there is space in my inventory bags. I cannot see anything in my bags which might contain the ingredients. Looks like I will have to delete this quest and start again.

Update: quest deleted and successfully completed without any logging in or out mid quest. If it had required common materials I would have repeated the process in exactly the same manner to see if I could duplicate it but I am not that dedicated to offer up a rare root! The first cheesecloth was still in my inventory so I deleted it first to avoid any mishaps from having a duplicate item.
  2. girney Active Member

i didnt log out but bought fuel on the broker and harvested more items and when i tried to make the mahngavi muenster, the mystery ingredient was gone. on another toon, i ported back to my guild to get more ingredients and came back and again the mystery ingredient was gone. deleted quest and started over making sure i had all required items(including fuel) ready to make the muenster and all was good. had to use up a rare each time to make another cheesecloth as the one in my inventory did not count. this is a repeatable bug. just make sure you are ready to make the muenster when you collect the rennet,milk and mystery ingredient
  3. Aeriel Active Member

Thanks for confirming that it is a repeatable bug and not something amiss with my toon :) - appreciated.
  4. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello

1 Question why log out and not complete Quest before ??
    2 i did the Crafter line like 6 Times now not any isuse.
    3 If components arent klickable anymore last chance delete the Quest get this part done again
  5. Denmum Developer

Every few weeks someone reports this issue, but as of yet, I have been unable to duplicate the issue despite repeated attempts. (Collecting the items, camping, coming back. Collecting the items, making the cheesecloth, camping, coming back, etc.)

I'm keeping my eye on it, but I can find nothing on either the item files, or the quest file that would explain why they are deleting.

Given that Aeriel has also had other items go poof at various times, it almost seems like it is more an issue with the character than the quest. I'll be asking others to look into it, but I expect this will be outstanding for a bit.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Aeriel Active Member

I have another tradeskiller coming up to this point and will see if I can duplicate the error - this time without making the cheesecloth. On the other disappearing mats it was a character on my other account and it would be weird indeed if both accounts had random errors like that! But I am keeping an eye open.

Thanks so much Den Mum for investigating! :)
  7. Aeriel Active Member

In this case it was time for lunch! Also our internet connection can be a bit flaky and drop for no apparent reason.

This was my sixth crafter through the line, I had no issues with the others.

Deleting the quest was my only option but it was very annoying as I only had on me the exact amounts of fuel and rare roots etc for the make and I could not see an easy way of purchasing fuel, getting the replacement rare and returning to Fivalt. This particular toon does not have access to a guild hall so I can't use the visit house option. In the end I sent a toon from my other account with the necessary. On retaking the quest I checked to see whether the mystery item etc was flagged as temporary - it was not so I /bugged it

It's not a deal breaker :) and from Den Mum's reply it appears to be the worst bug of all - intermittent!
  8. girney Active Member

it would not be such a big deal if a rare component wasnt lost.