Weekly Poll(s) - That's right! A double poll!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I missed doing last weeks' poll :)oops:) so this weeks' is a double feature! ;)

A.) What is your favorite holiday to decorate for?
    B.) What is your least favorite holiday to decorate for?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Spextasy Well-Known Member

My answers :

A.) Frostfell. (Duh!) :D
    B.) Tinkerfest.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw! Your B is often one of my faves; there's not a lot I can't make, IF I remember to get all the recipe books and have enough Cogs... X-P

I actually don't have too many favorites or hates; what I can do really depends on what the idea/theme/etc. is. I know there are all sorts of trusting souls out there who leave a book in the house in a Swap with, "Oh, just do whatever and have fun! I'll love it! Giggle! Bye! :D" and I'm standing there (well, my toon is; I'm sitting behind the keyboard), more often than not, going "Huhmenah-huhmenah-huhmenah...now what?! :eek::confused:" and I have to try to come up with something myself. X-P

Which often devolves into several somethings, sequentially, which is why it takes me forever to get anything done, usually... X-P

If the theme isn't too demanding ("Nothing that doesn't involve Rare materials! :D"), the more concrete details for me, the merrier. :) If I'm not familiar with something specific, I'll look it up; thank the FSM's Noodly Self for Google and other search engines! :) And I try to get specific with my themes in a Swap, which is why I need to know more about a toon of mine before I'll get them involved; one Spring Holidays Swap was for my "Don Quixote" creaky old paladin, who neither approved of drinking to excess nor cruel pranks, but was an avid, sincere worshipper of Erollisi... ;->

I'm still thinking of that lovely li'l 2-room Freeport place you had for that one Nights of the Dead swap, Shan, where your Book was nicely thought-provoking! It took 153 Tiles from the Moonlight Grottoes as well as other things, but I (well, Ratta) managed! :D

Pretty quickly, too, if memory served... ;->

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

My favorite, , ,A . . Frostfell!

Least favorite . . . . B . . . NOtD (due to the Scary Poppy things that can be used)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Favorite: Nights of the Dead
    Least Favorite: Frostfell and Tinkerfest. I am not a fan of Christmas or Frostfell decor I dont know why I just never have been a fan.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Favorite: Tinkerfest
    Least favorite: Oceansfull/Scorched
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you've been burned out on it from an early age...I can dig it, especially when the bloody Christmas stuff gets put up like right after Labor Day (don't see that kinda stuff with Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Yalda in the stores...). X-P

Our local "easy listening" radio station starts playing the Christmas stuff starting the day after Thanksgiving and doesn't stop until New Year's Day; they used to only start up like 1-2 weeks before Christmas and end on what would be Boxing Day in Britain (when I was a kid, I had no idea what that meant; I just figured after all the peace and love and good will and what all, it was a chance to put on padded gloves and get out your frustrations with everyone...seriously. I guess "putting old stuff we don't really want into a box and handing it out to the poor" doesn't have the same ring to it ;->).

Uwk
    Lunarosa likes this.
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

fav- oceanfull/scorched sky
    not fav- tinkerfest (and sometimes frostfell it feels too cartoony sometimes, I like doing more icy stuff )