Weekly Poll - Building Block Edition

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Which set of building blocks and / or tiles is your favorite to work with and your go-to for most projects?
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Spextasy Well-Known Member

For me it's sumac, sumac, sumac!
    Such a rich and pleasing texture, and oh so versatile.

Runner-up would be the granite set. I love the darker look of it.
    Dude, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Aabari Active Member

Halasian Blocks are my favorite wood based blocks
  4. Edriliane Active Member

I don't know about favorite set, it depends on the project, but the ones I use the most are the starry tiles and the halasian railings. Those are definitely my building blocks of choice.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I agree with Edrilane but I think my favorite to work with is the Pastel Marble. It can be used for so many things from "wallpaper" to Kitchen/Bathroom counters and everything in between. (if you want bright happy rooms. Sumac is rich yet but dark.)
  6. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Either black marble, because it can be used for so many things or redwood/polished wood. I love the brightness and color of both those. Plus they look amazing paired with darker woods
    Dude, Breanna, Spextasy and 1 other person like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, big time it depends on the project. I like almost all the various woods, though my only real like in the Ash is the Plain Ash Tile; compared to the rest of the Ash (well, okay, the old school Room Divider is nice, too), it's lovely, with a nicely rich color. The rest of the Ash, imho, looks like something from a back alley that winos have been using as a public toilet, and in order to "clean" the area, someone just flipped the walls. X-P

The only time I don't care for the woods, or anything else with a strong "grain" or design (like Brick things), is when I'm trying to ask them to do something with Roll and they refuse, so I have to use Pitch. Shan will recognize my complaints, no doubt; we've agreed to disagree on Pitch, I think. ;->

The other pet peeve I have is when the Building Blocks that we're offered that aren't from the regular Carpy or holiday/special event recipes don't follow the same scaling rules as the regular ones; it makes it really difficult to mix and match with them. For instance, if a regular Tile (or Plating or whatever the Gnomes call 'em ;->) at Scale 1.000etc. takes up 2 units on each side (and a tiny amount of height, but that's usually not an issue until they get up to Scale 6 or 12), but a "wonky" Building Block takes up like 2.67582 units on each side, juggling the maths is gonna be a major headache...especially if you're reskinning a floor or something to make it tiled. X-P

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, Q! You got your machine back? :)

Uwk
  9. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I will die on this hill that pitch is better. :D
    Dude, Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It isn't -- completely terrible for symmetrical things; like, for instance, the various woods or stones (marbles, stuccos, etc.). It doesn't matter then if it "dances" around, so long as it's reasonably straight-ish (though I still get better results just forcibly going into a layout editor of some sort and TELLING it to go 89.875 degrees, or whatever), but if it's an asymmetrical thing of some sort, look out... :-/

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  11. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Here we are again. :p Agree to disagree.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I'm on my OLD laggy one until we can pay for the program. . . .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Edelphia Well-Known Member

The only time I don't care for the woods, or anything else with a strong "grain" or design (like Brick things), is when I'm trying to ask them to do something with Roll and they refuse, so I have to use Pitch. Shan will recognize my complaints, no doubt; we've agreed to disagree on Pitch, I think. ;->

Uwk[/quote]

I just remember the rhyme pitch can be a b!tch
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Yeah. ;->

Uwk