weekly isn't really a weekly, please fix

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by CoLD MeTaL, Aug 11, 2016.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

IF I get today's weekly, and it takes me 8 days to finish it, then I have to wait 6 more days before I can get another weekly.

Weekly's should work like dailies, if I finish yesterday's daily, I can then go and immediately get today's daily and finish it.

Please fix it.
  2. Ansom Active Member

all weekly with the same name and requisites works in the same way. Like the solo weekly (5 named in thalumbra), or the contested weekly (10 named).

Weekly already work like the daily, at least like the normal one (with 2 named).
    Mermut and Kuulei like this.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

which weekly specifically are you referring to? Because not all weeklies work like that
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Why does it take you 8 days? The Dailies change every 18 hours. You can check the timer on the daily zones by bring up your journal and hitting the last tab: "Mission Timers"

The "Weekly Missions" starts at 12:01 am Pacific on Thursday Morning.
    Now there are a total of nine (9) daily missions in a week due to the 18-hour timer. As I mentioned, the timer for missions is available in your journal on the last tab: Mission Timers.

The weekly quest only requires 5 zones:
    1. Stygian
    2. District of Ash OR Algorithm for Destruction
    3. Masters Chosen
    4. Scourge Keep
    5. Rise to Power OR Temple of Ill-Seen OR Tepid Depths
    As mentioned above, the weekly never changes and if you don't complete it in the allotted time, then you will miss out. It has been like that since they added weekly missions! (F S Distillery, Contested Ossuary, Contested Kralet, Brokenskull Bay Contested, AoM raid weekly, Tranquil seas adv solo weekly, phantom seas advanced solo weekly, Thalumbra solo weekly, ToT raid weekly, etc)
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Cold Metal is referring to the Ethereal Weekly and Ansom was correct in their reply. Missions that are repeatable weeklies, such as the ones I mentions above, need to be completed in the alotted week or you will lose the next week's timer if you don't finish it before the 11:59 PM pacific on Wednesday evening as it starts over at 12:01 am pacific Thursday morning as the mission's name and requirements never change.
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I was just able to finish my first eth weekly, because it is impossible to get groups these days.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It is a lot slower these days with so much on our plate. I watch the timers and when a new DD is going to be offered, I log on to "Live" (in my case AB which is lowest pop these days) from RTT server. When the Daily changes, is a good time to form up or join a group and in many cases, you will see people looking to run the previous DD and the new one that it just changed to and be able to kick out 2-3 of the weekly's required 5 zones with one group.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

catching enough people on to finish the weekly in a week makes my whole week, but the RNG in getting an ethereal is really making my hole weak.

Was excited to get ethereal coins though. Just wish RNG was really revamped.
  9. Ansom Active Member

On Splitpaw (ok... Thurgadin), is very easy to find grp and complete the weekly in time, without any problem.

ps. the coin system is fantastic..
    Mermut likes this.
  10. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

So true. I have guildmates that have gotten several of the jewelry rewards from wave 2, heck in one day a guildmate got a piece on one alt and then another back to back. I do the daily quests anywhere from 2-4 times a day with my guild (assassin, mystic, tank (sometimes), and dirge on second account) and haven't seen anything but coins at all this wave 2. I am thankful there are the coins for a fallback though, so my assassin has been able to get 2 runes and my mystic one. I have to admit though I am getting pretty burned out.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I've never seen an ethereal drop to roll on it. Don't know anyone with one that didn't buy it.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

You don't roll on the ethereals from the quests. It's a small chance to get the coin AND an ethereal in your personal 'box'.
  13. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member