Website issue: cannot remove old dead credit card and add new one - SOLVED

Discussion in 'Account Related Support' started by ARCHIVED-EmeriRadiant, Jun 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-EmeriRadiant Guest

Just sent in a ticket (#120626-001580 ) about a problem tonight on the website. It will not allow the deletion of the current card used to pay for my account(a card which was replaced with a new one by the issuing bank due to some security issues on their end), nor will it allow me to change the recurring subscription to the newly-issued card. It allowed the creation of the new card, but anything beyond that, the website is not allowing. Oddly, it would let me delete or change to(if I wanted to) another old, expired card, but I did not do this of course!

I tried 2 different browsers (IE 8 fully updated and Google Chrome). Hopefully the Accounts department will have something to tell me, but in the meantime, perhaps the CSR who monitors this forum should pass along to the IT department that the website is not playing nicely.....

Thanks in advance, and I'll update here if I am able to finally succeed(or not...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Thanks to CSR Jamison W. ! This is what he had to say:
    "You actually can't see the delete option while the card is tied to a recurring subscription. I cancelled that and removed the card for you. All you need to do is go in and sign back up using the card you want. This won't interrupt the monthly bonuses. If you need anything further, please feel free to let us know.
    Thank You,
    CSR Jamison W."

I also had email waiting for me saying that the account had been cancelled, so after reading his instructions I went back to the website. The old credit card number had indeed been removed. I was able to successfully re-subscribe, and the subscription will continue after the end of the current one next month with no lapse.
    Thanks so much for the fast, very accurate help to CSR Jamison W. !
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

EmeriRadiant wrote:
    Hello Emeri! I'm glad CSR Jamison W was able to efficiently handle your credit card issue. Our goal is to efficiently handle each and every ticket while still providing the most accurate information. Thanks for the post!