WebCam: Out of Memory Errors

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Dragan, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Dragan Active Member

Before the forums Flipped over to the new system I reported a new error.

It seems that I get

Only one issue, I do NOT have a Webcam not do I have SOEmote active (I even turned off voice-chat just to be safe)

BTW if you want to request any information from me be sure to include detailed instructions as I'm not a computer guru (also I am still using XP because 7 was bad and I'm waiting on 8 to prove itself)
  2. Dragan Active Member

Also at least one other person has reported having similar issues in test.test chat.
  3. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Dragan, mind submitting a tech ticket and including your DXdiag and Msinfo? (Instructions are in the link in my signature below). I'll be happy to look into it, just pm me your ticket reference number.
  4. Dragan Active Member

No export or file choices in the msinfo32 I am now PMing you my ticket number, sorry I took so long I had some IRL issues to deal with (Temp job that left me exhausted)

I am aware that my system is older (It is however what I can currently afford and) and I never trusted Window's 7 and I'm still on the fence for 8.

Other long term problems include that the sound begins to stutter after a time and I have to restart my computer to fix the issue
  5. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

No prob man, I'll look it over and see what I can do. I'll keep you updated!
  6. Dragan Active Member

Thanks, I've heard of at least one other having similar issues but I can't confirm it.
  7. Dragan Active Member

Okay here is an Update:

I followed the link and tried to update my Drivers and here was the response

8. Dragan Active Member

Also posted a copy to the ticket update, Webcam Error cost me progress on an old quest I was clearing from my journal (Marr's Chosen)
  9. Dragan Active Member

Couldn't seem to respond in mail for the latest E-mail.

Unfortunately my current graphics driver card is a spare...my main one fried and money is tight right now, so I guess we are now at an impasse, at least until I can afford a new one. :(

I hope to work some stuff out in that regards I have a few plans.
  10. leftbehind New Member

I had the same error. if its still happening now then they're not bothering with the few of us that have this issue. Everyone else just moves on to the other dozen games still able to run on older systems. I was a loyal eq2 player for three years until they added the webcam emote feature. I received the same message and have been unable to login since the spring. Sure, if I was made of money I could buy a whole new computer just to play eq2. But since I'm semi-disabled and broke, thats not happening any year soon - thanks SOE for that true american spirit of yours. Its nice to see eq2 admins (the guys that actually call the shots) follow the new american way of bicking the people that help build their business (from employees to consumers).
  11. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Which is where I come in. My goal is to gather data and submit it to the dev's to help you get into the game. Please submit a ticket as well so we can look into this further for you.
  12. Dragan Active Member

I don't know if this will help, the issues occur mostly in Qeynos Capital District, T2 Qeynos Guild Hall (Issue Cropped up with AoD launch), Houses( but that is to be expected of the more densely decorated ones.), Freeport and once in the Temple of Cazic Thule (the one where you free the Frogloks).
  13. Altheras New Member

I am now having this same issue, it's crashing an average of 2-6 times a day for me. The odd thing is I played for about 2 months without this issue ever happening, then one day in New Halas it happened for the first time. I went into Qeynos and it happened repeatedly, about every 5 mins. Outside of Qeynos it has been happening still fairly frequently, in dungeons, cities, and out in zones. It doesn't seem to matter where I am anymore, but it seems my computer isn't happy unless it gives me this crash and error at least a few times every day. What's so weird about it, is that I played for a while with no crashes at all, then this suddenly started happening.

Was a resolution for this issue found for those suffering it?
  14. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Hm, I'll make sure I escalate this in my report. For now, please submit a support ticket so we can see if there's anything we can do on the client side.
  15. Dragan Active Member

With me the crashes started with the same update that Beastlords became playable.