Weapon delay shorter vs longer + multi attack

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Liltitan, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Liltitan New Member

Hi all this question is mainly for Varsoon players. Since there is no single server discussions I gotta ask here. Back in the old days if pvp the longer wep delay meant bigger hits. But let's say your multi attack is at 50%. Wouldn't it better to have a shorter delay for more hits? I'm speaking primarily in PVP. But PVE could also be involved in this question for better dps on mobs ect.
  2. Jrox Well-Known Member

I use the 6sec on my weapons on the swash. The efficiency is better than the 4 second. And I really hate "Math".
    Jaden likes this.
  3. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

This always has and always will fall down to your accuracy. If mobs are actually coded with avoidance, and everyone isn't just sitting at 100% hitrate on autoattack, then yes, 6.0 second attacks will tend to lend themselves towards bigger damage hits on the spread of things more consistently, but it all scales evenly.

However, if the devs didn't completely negate accuracy buffs from other players, yourself, etc., then no, 4.0 delay is obviously better, because if you happen to miss, there's less time in between that next attempt to hit.

The damages have all been normalized, so if given a 100% hit rate on a 58 damage rating weapon, at 4.0 and 6.0 seconds, with 0% crit, etc. etc., they're going to do the exact same damage. The difference will come in when and if misses are introduced.
  4. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Member when longer delay actually mattered to slam some huge crits? Miss the good ole days...
  5. DENSER Well-Known Member

Using a assa on varsoon, i prefer 6s.
    If u go stealth to launch a skill just before your auto attack, that last will stop.
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I believe skills have replaced accuracy to an extent. I notice loss of hit rates with lower skills. Depending on the Xpack and my gear I am typically wearing 1-3 top skill adorns. Not claiming this to be 100% accurate, but in my adventures it is how it works out for me.
  7. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

I'm not referring to a blue stat when I was saying 'accuracy' I mean your hit rate. If everyone is hitting 100% of their autoattacks because mobs aren't actually avoiding any autoattacks, the weapon delay makes no difference. If things were more how they used to be, and players were sitting around the 70-85% hit rate against mobs with their autoattacks, and missing often enough, yes you would want the lowest delay possible to minimize the impact of losses.

That used to be the trade off, as furiousone mentioned, long delay weapons used to be a RISK that would pay off with a big REWARD when you'd land a crit. It was burst vs sustained damage. Some players with classes that were maybe more burst damage with their abilities would go with sustained autoattack to keep something going in between, some people went all or nothing and wanted the long delays and all or nothing big hits; and vice versa, classes with sustained DPS from abilities wanted those huge autoattack chances when they could get lucky and land them.