Weapon damage type infusion question

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by SandsMans, Nov 26, 2015.

1. SandsMans Active Member

Is there any downside to using items like this on your weapons?

Disease Infusion

Like mobs that are immune to a particular damage type?

Also, how does it affect the weapon's damage? Does it do the same initial base damage, and then increase in damage as debuffs are applied that would match the damage type? Would that mean the weapon no longer benefits from physical mitigation debuffs and only noxious in this case?
  2. m4v3r Member

Does anyone know this?
    I just got one myself and there's a few uncertainties...
    Which type is better for what? And can it be changed back to the physical type?

I'd really appreciate someone who tried it tell us a little about it.
    Thanks
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

We haven't seen mobs that are resistant/immune to specific damage types in the past.
    There tend to be more ways to reduce mobs resistance to elemental/nox/arcane damage then physical damage, so the 'magical damage' tends to do more.
    It replaces the damage type, so the weapon won't be doing physical damage, so physical damage debuffs wouldn't help
    In the past there has been no way to 'change back' to physical and I haven't seen a 'phyiscal damage stone', so, at least for now, it looks 'one way'.
    SandsMans likes this.
  4. SandsMans Active Member

I'm torn between wanting to use one now. Being a dirge I can debuff for noxious, but I think if I were in a group with a brigand their physical mit debuffs would win out.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you're raiding, the magical debuffs are generally higher since various mages and priests also debuff elemental, nox and arcane. If you mostly group and you're almost always with a brigand (and not a mystic, shaman, necro and warlock as well), then sticking with physical might pay off better. If you're not usually with a brig and/or you usually have 1 or more of the others in your heroic groups, the poison or disease damage will pay better dividends.
    SandsMans likes this.
  6. ZUES Well-Known Member

There is more nox debuffs in an average raid force than anything else. So poison or disease. The exception is if you have a Swashbuclker in your raid force. They increase elemental damage to their target. So go fire or cold. My response is parsed and tested based on MY raid force. It may differ based on who is lazy and not casting debuffs and who is.
    SandsMans likes this.
  7. SandsMans Active Member

Thanks all for the good information! :)
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :)
  9. Dreadtalon Active Member

---
    Yes, the damage type can be changed back. Simply right click the weapon and *restore damage type* or some such similar dialogue - you do of course lose the infusion.

Dreadtalon a Freetard of Tardfire
  10. Tabri Well-Known Member

WOE there were named lots of them that were immune to certain damage types but I havent seen any since then that are that way personally.