Weapon Appearance Slots?

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Sphiriah, Aug 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Sphiriah Guest

Any chance we could get weapon appearance slots? With all the new weapons recently, it would be nice to have the ability to display them without losing dps/stats.
  2. ARCHIVED-BigDaddy28 Guest

I posted something about this in the "What bugs you the most" topic. Weapon appearance slots for this would be awesome. Vexthorne for my ranger, ohhhhhh yaaaaa.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

I would love to show off my dual candy canes!!! but NOOOOOOOOOOOO the dev's are too cheap and won't let me do that cause they just can't enable appearance slots for weapons!!!! Actually there is problably some technical issue with the animation or somesuch that is preventing them. /shrug don't know
  4. ARCHIVED-FetishStar Guest

alot of people in my guild have been talking about this lately.

We would all love Wep Appearance slots - i'd even be happy with NOTHING on my back/side untill i fight.....i really hate seeing my staff "go into" my head.......
  5. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

If they are to implement weapon appearance slots, they may be restricted to only being able to substitute the same kind of weapon being used. One handed swords for one handed swords, two handed blunts for two handed blunts... and so on. The only thing they may be able to get away with full substitution is shields. They may be able to tweak the code to let you hide your buckler with a tower shield, but who knows.
    If most are happy with that kind of appearance slot then I don't see the idea being an issue.
  6. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

I also strongly vote for appearance slots for weapons AND shields. Most epic weapons are exaggerated plastic toys but you probably "have to" use them until you can substitute it by a level 90 mega loot / reward.
    * axes must be able to be replaced by swords and so on
    * bucklers must be able to be replaced by all kinds of shields (or all shields by all shields)
  7. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

(( I <3 this thread. As I also mentioned before, vote YES for weapon appearance slots!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing this is the way it would work:

Weapons with 'slashing' animation = replaceable by slashing animation weapons
    weapons with 'piercing' animation = replaceable by piercing animation
    "" "clubbing" = "" ""
    "" two-handed" = """

Shields replaceable by anyshield, as long as it would be equipable by the wearer (same way clothing appearance slots would work)
  8. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

(( I <3 this thread. As I also mentioned before, vote YES for weapon appearance slots!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing this is the way it would work:

Weapons with 'slashing' animation = replaceable by slashing animation weapons
    weapons with 'piercing' animation = replaceable by piercing animation
    "" "clubbing" = "" ""
    "" two-handed" = """

Shields replaceable by anyshield, as long as it would be equipable by the wearer (same way clothing appearance slots would work)
  9. ARCHIVED-Rhymez Guest

I personally want to see my Prismatic Switfblade of the Scale instead of my lifespike
    as most piercers that are currently in the game look awful
    Betrayals Song in the app slot would own too i mean this cant be too hard to implement
  10. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

Posting just to show my support for the request. Weapon appearance slot would be great
  11. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

This was asked in the Second day of the Anything Goes forum and the devs seemed to like the Idea, even spent a few minutes talking about what they would like to show as well. Will they deside to impliment it and if so when... who knows.

But just in case I am saving all my cool looking weopons.
  12. ARCHIVED-Britefire Guest

as long as i can have nothing in weapon slots but have my bruisers bo of flowing blood, live event items, or duel candycanes showing, im O. K.
  13. ARCHIVED-LordDragone Guest

Ever since they came out with the appearance slot I've wanted the weapon appearance too. I even don't mind if it has to be the same type of weapon/shield as long as I can show the one I want.
    It was metioned that they may not be able to because of display effects causing issues. I don't believe this will be a problem as they already have it solved with cloaks and armor so......YES PLEASE give us appearance slots for weapons/shields
  14. ARCHIVED-Jupae Guest

I'd give my right arm for weapon appearance slots =)
  15. ARCHIVED-ScrapperX Guest

Grafh@Everfrost wrote:
    I guess you'd have to go 1hander then.
  16. ARCHIVED-LordDragone Guest

Still no reply from a dev on wether or not we get an appearance slot for weapons?
    Come on guys, throw us a bone :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

ScrapperX wrote:
    Nice one.
    Would appreciate appearance slots for weapons too. Even if limited by weapon type.
    Kinda surprised this never got implemented. And by the devs "ooh?" reaction when it got mentioned. Ain't as if it's not been mentioned on the forums or /feedback.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Just so long as weapons appearance slots also gives you the options of scabbards for the weapon of choice, helps Emerson, RP and provides recipes for tradeskillers.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kurindor_Mythecnea Guest

GNOMES SUPPORT PRIMARY/SECONDARY APPEARANCE SLOTS!!! LIKE, A LOT!. O.O.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ashlian Guest

Weapon and shield appearance slots would be a wonderful wonderful thing! Please implement them, and while I can't think of any programming reason why the appearance should in any way be connected to the MATH that actually controls what your character does damage wise as far as slashing, piercing, crushing, etc., I would also find it acceptable if they HAD to restrict it to same weapon type. Though I would prefer it if we could simply use whatever we can equip as we can any other appearance slot.
    Charm appearance slots also, please! I would love to be able to use those colored light sources you threw in the game without sacrificing the stat items.