We need transparent debuffs

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Radi, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Radi Member

Well. In the subject of the post.
    What is -150 combat mitigation ? How does this affect the named mob ?
    More specifically, what is the contribution of this debuff ? We (shamans, for example) should know this, since it is part of features of our class.
    Jrox likes this.
  2. Dilon Active Member

This is a very fair question. Having said that, I don't think you'll ever get an explanation.
    Mizgamer62 and Feldon like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the debuffs the mobs (and zones) put on US were also transparent and provided useful and usable information...
    Mizgamer62, Jrox and Breanna like this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

There was a screenshot of an accidental reveal of the debuff from a while back. It's still out there somewhere. I'm inclined to believe that along with what was shown on that tooltip, additional stats are now also mitigated. Before all this potency/fervor nonsense, we used to be able to accurately calculate the effect of actions/items. These days you first have to have an educated guess at how much of a particular stat is mitigated before you work out what your ACTUAL stat value is.

I'm not a fan of this system at all. It makes it very difficult to spec your toon with reasoning when you have the math hidden from you.

It's strange that the designers don't actually want us to understand the game.
    Mizgamer62, Observing and Mermut like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When we are starting to work on a new raid mob, folks in the raid try to open the examine window on detriments and curses, then grab screenshots so we can examine them later at leisure.

ACT is also a good way to be able to see what's debuffing you.

And, of course, scouts can look at a mob and see a bunch of info about its buffs and resolve.
    parissa and Breanna like this.
  6. Twisty Well-Known Member

so... nothing you said relates to what this post is protesting about
    Snikkety and Mermut like this.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

I spent the better part of an hour thus far looking for said slip in these forums lol. Still trying though. Was it here, or somewhere else? If you find it Tanto, please share, even if you want to DM me.

You to have adding nothing sir...
  8. Radi Member

I don't understand why devs will not replace debuffs into normal buffs ? If debuffs mech are so complex, then why make our lives so difficult ?
    I don't think artificial diversity is a good reason.

Now we see a situation where the most useless class is the one whose debuffs take up most of its abilities.
    Look at shamans and brig...
    Mizgamer62 and Feldon like this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

They're designing the game as if EQ2Flames still existed and as if there were still an army of players willing to spend dozens of hours on training dummies and in ACT reverse engineering how everything works. It doesn't and there aren't. They go out of their way to obfuscate how everything from items to spells to debuffs work to make it some kind of fun guessing game so that a button that says it does A, B, and C actually does none of those but instead does Z. Believe it or not this is not particularly fun.
  10. Radi Member

I don't mind complex game mech, but if devs can't handle it, it's reasonable to simplify it!

EverQuest2 has always been harder than most other MMO games, and that's the beauty of it, but it hurts to see how it doesn't develop properly...

Against background of obvious problems with the mech and game balance (look at BeastLord) I think I will have to sacrifice something
  11. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Ah sorry I only just saw this. It was shared in a Discord channel. Not the official one obviously. I suggest asking in mutual stomping grounds ;)