Ways to increase crit chance

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Skurry, Jul 27, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

Wells mets,

I was wondering what other means next to DktM and Mark of Awakening exist to increase the chance to score a critical hit. Any items, potions, stuff like that that I'm not aware of?

Thanks yous,
    Skurrys
  2. ARCHIVED-Lint26 Guest

You can get a potion for melee/ranged and probably another for casters. Not sure what they're called though, our alchy was handing them out on last nights raid and ate mine without to much thought. I'm sure Rijacki will be along to lets us know.

edit: I will learn spelling and grammer one day, I promise.
    Message Edited by Lint26 on 07-27-2006 05:48 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Prub Guest

yes there is one for ranged and melee called * tacticts.. Masters, grandmasters or what have you. The one for spells and healing is Insight I think .. I could be wrong. but there is one for both. At Grandmaster lvl (rare t7) they are an increase of 4% for 10 minutes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

According to EQ2alchemy.com run by Rijacki:

The crit potions are T7 rare only and come in two flavors.
    Grandmaster's Elixir of Tactics - 4% increase to range and melee crits for 10 minutes
    Grandmaster's Elixir of Second sight - 4% increase to heal and damage spell crits for 10 minutes

They are both green potions, so they can't be taken in conjuction with stat/pool increasing or damage shield potions.
  5. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

Thanks a lots!
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

*chuckle* gee.. I get to supply data without even being able to post. Thanks Kurai :)

Rare potions need "dust" which is a by product of making -any- adept III.

If you are having a T7 adept III made, ask the person making it to give you the scintillating dust for the crit potions. Other rare potions are nice, too, so ask for that dust, too. The person making your adept III -may- charge you more for the dust that just the adept III (that is his/her perogative), especially if that person also has an alchemist and/or charges low prices for adepts to make it up in selling dust and/or rare potions/poisons.

If an adept III is made it to pristine quality, the crafter will get 2 dust as a by-product. If the adept III is made to "shaped" or "normal", the crafter will only get 1 dust. If the crafter skimps on time and makes the adept only to "crude", there will be no dust by-product. Some jewelers and sages might not know this.

Each potion/poison combine yields a maximum of 10 single-dose stacking units. The units stack to 20. Thus, two dust could make you one stack of any one rare potion/poison or two half-stacks (10) of two different ones.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dechau Guest

You can also get Armguards of Dread (Shoulders) it increase your melee crit by 2 %..
    Fable drop from Vilucidae the Priest of Thule in Lyceum.
  8. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

But I've read that this effect is activatable for 30 seconds every 30 minutes. That makes the effect rather useless. :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Dechau Guest

Dont know if it works like that, I've never seen it drop, but if you're right, I would'nt bother either..