Water texture bugged?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vivipar, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Vivipar New Member

hello there!

please forgive me if this isn't the right subforum to post this, this is my first foray into EQ2 and I still don't quite have an overview of all things.

now, to preface this even more, I'm on a Mac and I've just been experimenting with playing EQ2 through the Windows emulator Parallels. it works quite well, with two minor hiccups. the water texture looks like in the attached image, regardless of which settings I opt for. is there a way to fix this? it bothers me horribly, unfortunately :D or is this something that I have to accept if I want to play on a Mac?

the other thing: I don't use a mouse, instead I use the Mac's trackpad to rotate/turn the camera (don't judge, I enjoy games like this). but, this elicits some crazy reactions in EQ2. the camera turns super fast and into all kinds of weird directions. I tried to change mouse/camera sensitivity, inverting the mouse, etc, but nothing really did anything. is there a way to change this?

many thanks for reading this![IMG]

https://freeimage.host/i/HwBwNWu
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  2. Kenn Well-Known Member

Have you tried these settings?

For the water in option
    Display - Performance - Performance profile drop-down - change to a higher setting
    Display - Performance - Reflections checkbox unchecked
    Display - Water and Atmospheric Effects - uncheck all the checkboxes and turn off water interactions
    Display - Texture Resolution -Texture Resolution - increase the setting in the dropdown

For the mouse
    If I move the mouse with the right button held down, it moves the character.
    If I move the mouse with the left button down, it pans around to look
    So you might be looking around when you wanted your character to move.

Anyway, outside the game, in your OS try turning down the mouse and pad scroll sensitivity.
    Every once in a while my mouse is super sensitive in EQ2 and I have to go in an change the mouse settings in the OS. This usually happens if I was playing a different game prior.
    Sturmlocke and Twyla like this.
  3. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.