Water Quest for the Monk is a JOKE!

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-VaporRanger, Nov 21, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-VaporRanger Guest

I walked to the Dojo 5 times and everytime i got to the steps I spilled the water by tripping on some stupid loose plank. I tried going up different ways and still the same result. So when I filled up again I stood by the fountain and jumped up and down to see how much it would take to spill it and nothing happend. So I just ran the water there jumped over the steps on the dojo dock and finished it that way. No BS thats what I had to do to finish it. Anyone else have major troubles with the steps there?
  2. ARCHIVED-Klithor Guest

The first time the steps got me. The next time I " Nimbly avoided the loose plank"
  3. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Just walk and tap the up arrow really slow. I got it on the second time.
  4. ARCHIVED-DrrakoXhaoXing Guest

Har har I got it the first time by just walkin ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-Pilijer Guest

I think the idea of this quest is to test a monks ingenuity and it certainly does that - I have now seen about 4 different ways to do it and all show remarkable insight into the character of the monk involved - Basically if you cant work it out perhaps being a monk is not for that particular player - I am sure as we all progress there will be even more ingenious and lets face it - realistic(I'm sure many wannabe monks have had to do apparently impossible tasks) quests.

Admit it - when you did FINALLY work out a route - You got a MASSIVE sense of achievement :smileytongue:
  6. ARCHIVED-RadricTycho Guest

I am not sure I had a strong sense of achievement. It was not a difficult task if you stopped to think about it for a second. If you apply some real world reasoning to the problem you shouldn't have any issues delivering the water to the Sensei.

In my case I ran to the gate leaving starcrest and spilled the water. Then I went back got some more, and then ran to the gate again and spilled it again.

So instead of trying to find another route, I stopped and asked myself: "Why would I spill water in real life?" Answer: by running with it. So I pressed shift-r and commenced to walking, and walked all the way to the dojo. Simple.

Techincally I only needed to walk near the starcrest gate, the elddar gate, the bridge over the stream, and the steps on the deck around the dojo. Everywhere else I could have been running. But hey, who is in a hurry?

Plus it was funny the number of players that walked up to me. I think many thought I was an NPC because I was walking around. They would run up and stop in front of me and watch as I walked by. It was pretty funny :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Nerill Guest

Jumping over spots and steps that normally cause you to trip is an option. :smileywink:
  8. ARCHIVED-Theneler Guest

How do you fill your pail??? Ive been screwing around with it forever. I just can't get it even started
  9. ARCHIVED-Alp Guest

Yep, i simply jumped from the stone to the dojo :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Alp Guest

Click the fountain to fill the buck
  11. ARCHIVED-stfields Guest

I engaged "walk" the first time I picked up the water and it kept spilling. Usually either right when I got the pail, or when I hit the stairs down to the bell.

Applying "real-life" reasoning, I figured "only take a few steps at a time." So, it was absolute overkill and wound up taking about 15 minutes to single step walk from the fountain to the Dojo.
  12. ARCHIVED-PatrickBateman Guest

i loved the quest but was a little sad they didnt have a bucket animation for me to actually carry. took me 4 tries.
  13. ARCHIVED-Halfwolf Guest

It took me 5 tries and I think the spilling is somewhat random except for the loose step at the dojo. The very first time I ran all the way to the dojo with only one little mention that I 'almost' spilled it. Then that darn loose board...

But when I went back for water I spilled it twice right away while walking. When I finally got all the way to the dojo I nimbly dodged the step.

Probably just to test your patience.

Nice call on jumping the loose board!
    Message Edited by Halfwolf on 11-23-2004 11:55 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Santsu Guest

I most have spilled five or six times leaving Starcrest, I only spilled once at the dojo, Its not to bad although i do think it would be alot cooler with a bucket animation. Have the character hold thier arms straight out parallel to the ground.
    Message Edited by Santsu on 11-23-2004 06:18 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-SomeDudeCRO Guest

when i did it, i dunno guess i was bugged, i didnt get any messages at all... just that I picked up the water, after that i didnt know if I had spilled it until i got to the dojo...

and the door was bugged for me too :(

took me, I don't know exactly, 5 or six tries
  16. ARCHIVED-Jaqkie Guest

:smileyvery-happy: i ran jumped and crawled and the water never spilled .. so i have no clue what yall talking bout lol
  17. ARCHIVED-Jolcon Zander Guest

Sheez it was easy! I drank the water, ran to the dojo, then pee'd in the bucket!
  18. ARCHIVED-pachuco2k Guest

I did this last night on my first try. Thanks for all the info on this little quest. Afterwards I gave a sound beating to some chick in the grove and I'm OMW to monkdom when I ding 20, I think. I did notice while walking that after each gate I passed through I had to "nimbly avoid" closing gates. I also somehow "nimbly avoided" a loose plank. Not sure how but my agility is pretty high as a Kerra who has been picking all agility upgrades while levelling.
  19. ARCHIVED-Rukarrn Guest

I had some horrible luck with this part of the quest. I too tried running at first, but would always spill the water when I reached the gate to SQ, so I did the walking thing. I walked ALLLLL the way through SQ, then NQ, but then every time I zoned into Elddar Grove, my arm would "catch on the gate" and the water would spill. And at 15 mins per trip, I was not amused. So the next day I figured I would try taking the bell to Baubbleshire then Elddar. Took a couple tries to get down the stairs to the bell, but once I did it was smooth sailing. What worked for me was to still run, but go 3-4 steps then stop. Down the stairs, I'd go 1 step at a time. I guess different things work for different people. Seems to be random. And I dodged that **mods 4 teh win!!1!** board at the dojo the first time hehe.
  20. ARCHIVED-lilrascal Guest

heh i took the boat from starcrest to the baubbleshire, ran through there to eldarr and back to the monk house, never stepped on any loose planks but for all i know i probably jumped over the steps (not sure about you all, but im jumping about every 4th step just for fun :p)