Water pours, jets, etc - /poke Kaitheel

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Mirt, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno; seems to me if you laid them end to end along the floor, rather than straight up and down, you'd have a Habitrail of water, or a "lap pool" that my Mom wanted to get at one point. ;->

Build enough of them in a rectangle or large block, and you'd get an actual water feature inside your house, so you could truly "sleep with the fishes"...if you're an Erudite or Froglok or Iksar, and wouldn't have to worry about drowning. ;->

As far as adjusting what we have now, I love the way the Tapestry of the Steam Lord looks; I think they actually do have to have some sort of border or frame or attachment point or something if it's not solid, the way the water tiles are. But the thing I object to with it, you can see:
    [IMG]
    It's that blasted, stupid flaming thing on top, above the far more useful and simple wooden bars. If they'd take that stupid thing OFF from the top and just make the wooden bars one long bar all the way across, that would be so much handier. Really, the only reason to have that flaming light with the torches on top is to let people see the design of a tapestry, but THIS DOESN'T HAVE ONE; it's just a bunch of constantly condensing steam into water, or something. It's not solid in any way, shape, or form; it doesn't obscure the sight of anything behind it any more than a flow of water would, and I don't even think it interferes with particle effects. If all we'd need to worry about with it was getting the Rare required, that would be great, but even with the best burial system for that stupid top, the stupid light from the stupid top is still stupidly visible, unless you really sink it behind the equivalent of six feet of stone or so. :-/

Uwk
  2. draidean Well-Known Member

I agree with most everything here. Spouts, pours, swimmable blocks, waterfalls, more water features in general please! Especially some that we can actually sink into, rather than walk on top of. Just a simple watery tile (one with steam to represent heated water would be a great bonus) that we can walk -in- rather than -on- with no borders or features to hide would solve many problems. Please!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Nella like this.
  3. draidean Well-Known Member

The problem with the water tiles is that you walk on top of them, rather than in them. Watery platform and fountains and such where you can actually get in...well then there are all the borders and features you have to hide for certain decorating.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One of the reasons why I really love the Steam Lord thing; you can walk through it, and lay it out horizontally if you need a "pool surface." If only they'd just ditch that stupid top whatsit and just give us a simple wooden bar; if we want more lighting for it, we have plenty of options there. ;->

Uwk
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I only got the effect by chance once or twice , but isn't there a way to control how solid a item is?
    What I am trying to say is I put up things I can just walk through , but you can still see them.
    So if the water tiles could be manipulated like that ? yea but than it would be just like you got your ability to walk under water on , no swimming.
  6. Mirt Well-Known Member

and why would you NOT want those kinds of effects..that would be awesome!
  7. Mirt Well-Known Member

The whole point of this thread is so that we DON'T have to lay steam lord tapestries on their side and hide the fire,etc stuff at the top. ;)

We want the water pours, spouts, streams, building blocks, etc that are free of any other parts attached to them.

This shouldn't be hard to do considering all of these items already exist in game and decorators would adore these!
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

"Kaitheel" said in a post ( forget which one) that we will get a lot of new housing and decorating items in August or October
    pardon my leaky memory, but there is supposed to be some nice stuff coming our way, I hope we get some water features.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not on our end, controlling the solidity, but what we can do is look at things, Tapestries, Rugs, etc., and see which "side" is walk-through and which isn't...and there are items like the various Vampiric Mirrors that I've used for aquaria before: mostly the "solid" ones, except for the occasional Wispy, for "maintenance access." If nothing else, ya gotta be able to clean the tank, and make sure the fishies are healthy. :)

Uwk
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I agree! It's just that, for right now, the Tapestry is the closest we can get, and even that can have its usefulness compromised by that stupid header thing. Believe me, I, too, have clamored for real, "working" water features for awhile now, but iirc, they did say something about needing some kind of "frame" or attachment for the walk-through stuff, even if it's just on one side, like with the Tapestry. :-/

Uwk
    who thinks: well, if that's what it takes, make the "frame" or whatever solid (and SMALL!), yet ephemeral, like the solidity of the Vampiric Mirrors or Misty Tiles ;->
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! Fingers crossed! :D

Uwk