Was this only announced on Landmark?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, May 8, 2014.

1. Ecugia88 Active Member

The heck does Landmark have to do with the OTHER GAMES to be down for 6 HOURS?!!?!? Why was it not announced in the game or on the forums of the games that are going down?
    Rynda and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. arevia New Member

no warning kind of hurts i was in a bad spot guess i will be loading on dead tomorrow
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Sadly for the DM dungeon usually if you go link dead (which is the same as being booted by this update) you exit the dungeon without gaining the XP. I'll cross my fingers for you, but I fear the worst.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not being on the specific forums of all the games affected (heck, there's not that many games LEFT, it couldn't've been too big a stretch to include all of 'em...) could've been an oversight, but not having any official notice/warning on the Chat channels or in the Welcome screen once you get in game was a bit much. According to the SOE/Landmark notice, they'd known about it since early yesterday afternoon, PST, and one would think that would've been enough time to let everyone know, at least in a Twit, or Tweet, or something of that nature. Even if they did one yesterday at 2 pm, hey, folks, throw us a reminder, will you, please? Y'know, like when you're heading out the door at 5:01 pm? :-/

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh...didn't see anything re: this on the official Facebook page, either. :-/

Did anyone here attend that livestream thing they were so giddy about this afternoon, early this afternoon, like, around 2 pm (well, okay, yesterday afternoon)? Was it mentioned there? :-/

Uwk
  6. Derial New Member

Tonight has been a string of bad luck for me. On top of crashing I had also purchased ToV earlier because I had it in my mind that it included the merc feature! Come to find out what I had pieced together from talks with people that was incorrect T_T
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

it has to do with their log-in servers and commerce, which affects all of the games. If I had been thinking, I'd have said something, rather than logging into landmark to pay my rent before they closed it all down :oops:

I was reading the forum and it just never dawned on me that they had not posted it on the EQ2 forums. It wasn't until it was dropping and scouring over the eq2 forum, that I noticed it wasn't posted anywhere :confused:

Anyway goodnight and see you in 6+ hours!
    /hugs
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You mean, the merc feature for free, just /claim it? Yeah, that probably won't happen for at least another expansion, if it does... :-/

I don't use 'em myself (not even for medicinal purposes! ;->), but I understand it's a popular thing for some folks...I know the feeling about paying to unlock something I'm interested in, only to have it be free /claim later on, like the Freeblood racial thing. :-/

Hugs, though!

Uwk
    Derial likes this.
  9. Derial New Member

Well I was under the impression that the whole feature would unlock to me. I did receive some type of monk merc, but even to use that it says I must have the merc feature unlocked, which I do not have T_T.

I petitioned SOE immediately afterwards and I believe the will rectify the issue, it's just unfortunate. I came back to the game a couple weeks ago on a whim so I don't have a bunch of friends or plat to bring myself up to snuff so the merc would be amazing for me.

It'll work out though I'm sure, just have to be patient. Thanks for the positivity ;)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Guess you'll know in another few more hours... :-/

Fingers crossed! :)

Uwk
    Derial likes this.
  11. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

12. Tfoca Member

OMG if you are going to throw a fit like that theres the door. I hate how people complain to SOE about needing upgrades to servers and patches all that stuff and when they do it people get mad for the down time.
    suka and Kaedian66 like this.
  13. Jolemai Active Member

Calm down folks.

Also, Lupreza has already apologised for not passing on the message (she's only human) and now the fora are working again, I'm sure she'll be along shortly to put it on here too. She's doing the best she can afterall and if the downtime wasn't necessary, then we wouldn't have had it.
    Kaedian66 and Xirena like this.
  14. Thalador Active Member

I think it is sad that SOE has decided that lame social media is the best tool to get info to its playerbase. I, for one, do not check FB/twitter at all. I rely on these forums
    Geroblue, Wirewhisker, Naudi and 5 others like this.
  15. Jolemai Active Member

Well, they have to use something when the fora/games are locked/offline, don't they?
  16. Xirena Member

It doesn't take much to put up a placeholder page that explains the downtime and/or links people to the facebook page or twitter while the forums are down,but we don't even get that much consideration - that's what is frustrating to me.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Email would work. Especially since even soe.com was down during the...whatever the heck that was.
  18. Kaedian66 Active Member

Aggravating to be sure, but as far as communication goes, things have actually been much better recently. I dare say this is Luperza's first gaff, I vote she gets a mulligan and we all realize how good her track record has actually been so far.

Reality is, when anyone's prime playing time coincides with the work hours of a game developer, there will be interruptions. The limited notice was in error and most people learn from their mistakes.
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Nah, give her bleached blonde looks for 6 months.
  20. Xirena Member

o_O Bleached blonde looks.... ??

Mulligan = do-over, free pass for an error
    Mullet = bad 80's haircut

Is that the reference that was meant?