WARNING...The Communal Crate is not what it seems

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Trilly, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Trilly Active Member

I just discovered that when you buy the "crate" you actually get one RANDOM item from the crate. I never, ever, ever would have paid for the necklace I "discovered" when I bought the crate! I Need items, a few, of the 410s that the music boxes gave me many duplicates of wrong stats etc so was hoping this was a chance to get the correct stats on a few I needed. WRONG! I feel this is very, very deceptive. Make the statement bigger and worded better so people don't feel scammed please! If you are going to do this like the one in Vetrovia, you need to make the items much better than what you can just pick up from music boxes! 410 items is not an upgrade to spend coins on like that.
    Beee and girney like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Are you new to the crate? it was a necessary requirement for gearing up in the entirety of Visions of Vetrovia that happened before this expansion, and nobody cared that the stuff inside was random.
  3. Terrius Well-Known Member

It's the same RNG crate mechanic that they had last expansion, and the same way that all RNG mission crates work. The key detail is that it says "Possible Rewards" above the list of items. Could it be bigger font? yes, but it's a different colour and stands out pretty well already.

[IMG]
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Trilly Active Member

Gotcha! I am not new to EQ1 or 2..(many, many years in both) just surprised me. Guess I wasn't thinking other than was hoping they were trying to fix all the multiple same/same gear gotten from music boxes. The Vetrovian gear from that box seems to have had much better up tick of stats than this one but will go back and look at it better. If it is mostly 410, it is a waste in my mind. **just went back to look at items in crate** everything is 410? Not worth my coins. A bit more in solos and quests and have all you need of 410. Just need to get all of mine out to fill in the blanks. Gonna take a pass on that crate. Sorry bout the RANT, but sometimes I fail to see where they get their ideas of "improvement".
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

I tried it just to get a disco of a 410 resolve item for 250 coins .. but the items are much too bad to put it on and they do not seem to be different if you have >9500 resolve.

Actual there is not a single item in the crate which is intresting :(
  6. Tajar Well-Known Member

I suspect they are just to try fill resolve gaps or for alts.
  7. Erin Member

Oh we cared. We cared a LOT. We just didn't have a choice, if you wanted to do the content you had to buy the crates and pray to the RNG gods. The hate was strong against the crates, which is part of the reason there wasn't even a crate to start this xpac which made the whole situation even worse. I'm generally the type of person that tries to see the positive, but this xpac is stretching my ability to see any positives. People leaving in droves due to itemization. This crate didn't help hardly anyone, 410 loot? And as late as it showed up?
    Aggy and docdante like this.
  8. docdante Member

250 coins for allways the same 410 gear with worse stats than crafted gear....nobody real needs that....grinding for trash...
    no ty...give us better gear or trash the communal crates....
    Aggy likes this.