WARNING Emerald halls WARNING

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins, Jan 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Yourbestfriend Guest

Nope you are right there is one former-member from Strike who made a comment but that's his opinion. but omg I said I was gonna stop posting on these threads! You guys win Casual players unite!
  2. ARCHIVED-Hukklebuk Guest

Jaraxx@Lucan DLere wrote:
    what? and, what? I know you aren't the only one to use that second phrase, but please let's be more clear when using it. I presume that what you are saying isn't what you are intending to be taken from that. How would one ever clear a zone using that as a guideline? **disclaimer** I don't (any longer) have the time to raid this zone, but I sure would love to. It's interesting reading the different things that come from the discussions of this place. well, here's to hoping for an end to unwilling raid retirement someday. /cheers all fight nice.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hukklebuk Guest

that is the undeniable truth of the situation, and what is bunching up some folks shorts.
  4. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

I have read all the developer post for 2 years plus and I dont remember any statements to that effect. Could just be my memory if its a real old post. My opinion on epic quest are they are used for 2 things. One, to give out fabled rewards for really difficult quest since the developers shifted itemization rules last year, ruining tradeskilling in the process. The second is to help enforce a tiered raid system. Having to finish the other raid instances prior to being able to go to DT. Thats my opinion anyway.
  5. ARCHIVED-Krontak Guest

Last dude is missing a point. The idea wasn't a devs idea. He was refering to his own idea in regards to an access quest.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lleinen Guest

[p]So patch days tell you how good your guild is or isnt? You guys are stupid. THAT is the undeniable truth. Patch days DONT make your guild good or bad...jesus...pull your heads out of your ***** and realize that the argument here is GETTING KICKED OUT BY PATCHES, not whether or not the zone needs to be changed.[/p][p]People are SUGGESTING that the zone be changed if NOTHING IS GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT PATCHES. God...so....dumb...we just got kicked out last night on a NON ANNOUNCED PATCH because they said they were going to hotfix, not bring the ******* servers down, so yay...FIX THIS ZONE ALREADY!!!! [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Yourbestfriend Guest

Mr. Dawkins wrote:
  8. ARCHIVED-Yourbestfriend Guest

[ul][li]Let's try to stay on topic here. Congratulations on not completing the zone in one night and getting kicked from the zone, there are several other topics on this forum that express your concerns/hate towards patches. But this post isn't about patches as clearly the OP stated. Perhaps you should read the first post.[/li][li]I do understand you are frustrated about the servers coming down, but there are other topics that are even about EH coming down. This topic is about the mobs in emerald halls (Not about the server coming down). And I think everyone would appreciate if you sir just calmed down a little bit. [/li][/ul]
  9. ARCHIVED-Yourbestfriend Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

[p]Yoyo, you never cease to amaze me! haha[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Hukklebuk Guest

Pardon me for pointing out the fact that you completely missed the point of that sentence, but instead ran straight to the flamethrower. So let me clarify for you, since I obviously left out enough information to make that point in a manner you could easily understand. My apologies, let me expand on the point so you don't misdirect your most favorable opinion of the forum users. The underniable truth is that the zone takes to long, and when you crash out for a server patch or for some other in game mechanic that isn't working properly and crashes the zone on you, THAT gets peoples shorts in a bunch, and rightfully so. so thanks for trying to identify the stupid people, but your efforts are clearly misdirected.
  12. ARCHIVED-Yourbestfriend Guest

Hey Bud - just making sure the post stays on topic. And as far as the zone taking too long. Look how many guilds have cleared it. They aren't going to change it man, you are beating a dead horse.
  13. ARCHIVED-Krontak Guest

[p]nvm. I'm just easiliy bored I guess..[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Sorgal Guest

my opinion: EH is a great raidzone with some interesting nameds, good loot and a different look than other raidzones and does provide a challange to almost every raiders. The only problem i see is that EH (as it is now) does need too much time to complete. Ok, if you say that this zone should only be done by unemployed nerds without friends and family then there isn't any problem at all, but if you're gonna respect that some players may have a job and/or family then you'll understand my point. What solutions could be found for this? 1. Remove many or even most of the trash mobs, so that it's possible to progress faster. or 2. Resize EH and make it much smaller. (I personally don't think that this is a good solution. I like to have a very huge zone) or 3. Hand out an item at the end of stage 1 and 2 which allows players to come back some days later and progress at the beginning of the next stage. If i could chose one of those 3 solutions, then i would chose number 3. Leave Emerald Halls as they are, but respect that not every player has got enough time to complete the whole zone by playing every day in a row. Ok, there may be some very good raidguilds out there that don't need 3 days to get EH done, but those who got those skills and equipment to do so are most of the time those who got plenty of time. All i wish SOE would do is to hand out items (or keys or account flags or whatever) to those who cleaded a stage completly in respect of their RL. thank you for reading this and maybe even thinking about it :) Sorgal, Innovation Server
  15. ARCHIVED-HellRaiserXX Guest

[p]The game is about progression, you cant expect to enter the current end game instance and be able to get through it all at once right off the bat. Guilds who are further along in their progression are able to do it in one day. Most of these guilds completed or nearly completed all of KoS and FD before EoF was released and so are further along in the progression than guilds who were just clearing Labs and LoA etc before EoF came out. [/p][p]Most of the trash on first floor doesn't even need to be killed, so that saves a lot of time and 2nd and 3rd dont have quite as much and they are pretty quick fights for the most part. If you are really serious about doing this content you have to deal with the time. Ya its annoying, we used to spend 4 days in EH, now it takes at most 10hrs, which could still be too long for some. Do it on weekends when there are no downtimes, if you are too casual to commit to that than might as well forget about ever clearing it cause it takes some serious time committment. [/p][p]For the sheer size of the zone the time to clear is very reasonable, and SOE has done things recently that reduce the time somewhat. We are spoiled in EQ2 with how short raid zones are, EQ1 was insane, and Ive played other MMOs that were just as time consuming. [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Yourbestfriend Guest

Yeah i'm sure that all of the like 20-25 guilds that have cleared EH must be unemployed nerds. I mean it is true that I did for about 4 weeks in a row not see the light of day on saturday. But we got over that, and that's something your guild will have to understand if you want to get the same rewards others get. New's flash! THE CHALLENGE IS THE LENGTH OF THE ZONE. No one is denying that, putting this in separate instances is only going to get more of the casual guilds into EH. Is that really a good thing? Why are you entitled to the same content as us? Some zones are going to be different, some zones are going to be longer then others, some ZONES ARE NOT MEANT FOR YOU! It's SoE's way of saying, hey casual players - STAY out of the zone!)I love the stereo type about hardcore raiders on how they spend all this much time in these instances. I've personally never been in EH for 3 days. Most we ever did was two, and the first time we cleared it was in one (for 7-8 hours). The bottom line is the hardcore guild is going to have better players who push buttons better then other people. The fact of the matter is guilds like Disso/NPU/Strike/Aftermath/Paradigm/CL/Pandemonium/Saints of Norrath/Second dawn (No particular order). All of those guilds most likely do not even raid as much as you right now, Infact some and I kept track of exactly how much we raided this week ( in instances we spent 16 hours and 20 mins (5 of which were in EH. And just a little over 3 hours raiding Contested (including all the time it takes to clear/get out to some of them. This includes two MMIS runs and two Freethinkers. So we raided around 20 hours this past week, how does that compare to you? The chances are my guild raids less then you, the difference is we decide to take the zone seriously and get thru it as fast as humanly possible. Here are some things that can help you. 1. Recruit some more players to your guild (those who will not afk as much) 2. Don't take 10 healers on a raid, on trash take 4-5 and then on the named if need be get more. It will make the zone alot easier. 3.Run open parsers, get everyone auto attacking to kill the trash (including priests). 4. Don't waste time in the zone explaining strategies - post them on your boards, have everyone read them and know them before you even go into EH. (If you need any help with this send lucan_dlere.jaraxx a tell and I will be glad to help. Designate AFK times every 2 hours for 5-10 mins so everyone afks at once so you don't have half arsed dps. I'm not saying you can't afk in EH and clear it one night but we have had nights where it takes 2 hours to clear trash on the 3rd floor because we had 2 people afk at all times, now if I see someone afk more then like twice on the third floor I just kick them and invite someone else and they get kicked from the zone and lose any chance at an upgrade. I hope someone found some use to this post.
  17. ARCHIVED-Krontak Guest

[p]The ability to sacrifice four weekends does not equal a challenge. It equals the ability to sacrifice 4 weekends, nothing more, nothing less. You aren't fooling me or anyone else. And I sure hope SOE doesn't think sacrificing RL for a month equals difficulty. It would be selfish of them to put people in that situation.[/p][p]I guess I'm not a selfish person and I'm able to see other peoples perspective and appreciate how thier RL might be more of a factor than others. Who knows, maybe this will be the direction SOE takes the game in the future, targeting more the people that can sacrifice RL and screw the rest by creating unatainable content as you stated in your post. I sure hope not though.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Yourbestfriend Guest

Push buttons better!
  19. ARCHIVED-HellRaiserXX Guest

its a choice, choose to do the content or choose not to. SOE just puts it in and we choose how involved to get. Theres a guild on my server that only raids on weekends and they can clear EH, just have to buckle down for awhile and get it on farm then it wont take as long. If your people aren't good players its not SOEs fault. Dont expect to be handed a bone just because you arent willing to take the time to do it. SOE could care less, we are all paying the same price hardcore or not and its total choice whether we want to experience everything and take the time to do it or not. SOE doesnt care if you want to have a life or not, as long as you are paying that is all that matters.
  20. ARCHIVED-Stuke Guest

[p]Ya know... they should just break EH into 3 Instances, each requiring the first to be cleared prior to access to the next instance.[/p][p] E.g. Click zone in, 3 choices (1 for each floor). Only give access to floor two once floor one has been flagged as cleared.[/p][p] That keeps your noobs out of floor 2 and 3, and breaks up the time into 3 parts vs having to spend all day in 1 zone.[/p][p] Edit: Have Tender drop 1 item needed to Access floor 2. Boss from floor 2 drop an item needed to enter floor 3. Make the items expendable on zone in to the respective floor. So that you cant just Farm wuoshi/floor 3. [/p][p][IMG][/p]