Warlocks and evac.

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Stavenham, Oct 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Kablammo1961 Guest

Yeah wth, give Warlocks evac. It really is almost only ever used as an travel spell anyway, no big loss.

I would say Feign death instead, but that could easily be perhaps too powerful. Perhaps not. If I was a warlock I would much rather have FD than Evac.

53 Weeztard
    Kablammo Suddendeath
  2. ARCHIVED-Dreadwalker Guest

heres a crazy alternative ... give them a group member summon ability similar to the WOW warlock. So when you XP group member ditches you can seek and summon a replacement direct to the group.
  3. ARCHIVED-Bucksnort Guest

Actually high level Conjurer's can have this ability just as they have it in EQLive. It's called Call of the Hero.
    Message Edited by Bucksnort on 10-03-2005 07:15 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Kuvala Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Andre Z Guest

Exactly, SoE taked our ability to be top DPS ( for which warlocks are already sacrificed every single tool they could have) away. So they must give out tool spells then.
    And with such "meditate" attenuation you can go and meditate in yours WC :). It will be more helpfull than such posts
  6. ARCHIVED-Bucksnort Guest

Disgruntled Warlock forum is next door. Thanks for stopping by though. :smileytongue:
  7. ARCHIVED-Aeroslin Guest

8. ARCHIVED-electricninjasex Guest

In a school fight, who throws you into a quicker rage...the kid fighting you head-on or the laughing kid on the side throwing rocks at you while you're in a fight?

Sorcerors are capable of generating incredible hate, so FD wouldn't be logical or useful...in a real life fantasy scenario I can imagine enemy mobs coming upon the corpse of the smarmy caster and ripping it to shreds in rage. Because I know I would.

And a good fantasy game is obligated to reflect reasonable scenarios like that.
  9. ARCHIVED-adamflanagan Guest

you could also think of it this way: would you rather beat the hell out of a corpse or try to defend youself against 5 other people beating on you? granted this doesnt work while soloing but FD would be very useful for any mage in a group situation.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ennis Guest

I could really care less if the give Warlocks evac, I rarely have to use if for anything other then porting my group across the zone because we are too lazy to run it. With the quest carpet we can do just about the same thing without using evac. Big deal.

One thing I have noticed since DoF came out is that some of the Warlocks I know have quit. Personally I think that is a good thing and I will tell you why. The ones I know who have quit were the worst overburners around and they were also the most immature. They were the ones who had to have the "biggest DPS [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]" in a raid so would overburn and draw aggro-in old world raids before CU that was not that "big" of a problem, very irritating but would not wipe a raid in general. In DoF raids the LAST thing you will want is some idiot drawing aggro off the tank.

The ones I know who are still around are the ones who actually understand how to play the class and understand that it is not all about how big their DPS [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] is. It is all about aggro management first then max DPS second. Ranvier and I tried to tell people that before DoF rolled-some listened, most did not.
  11. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

You know Ennis I think you have apoint about immature.

There are lots of immature players in these games, which is why you see people complaining about stupid things like one class being able to Nuke hard, without realizing that class also can't take a hit.

They come from single person game back grounds, into a MMORG, and then expect it to work like a single player game, which, it really doesn't.
  12. ARCHIVED-silentpsycho Guest

At level 20, when you chose to be a warlock, you knew that wizards get an evac. Its always been that way, it's not new. Yet knowing this, you made the choice to be a warlock anyway. Something that you got as a warlock outweighed the evac in your mind because that's the choice you made. Try to remember what it was that said to you, "Yeah, I know I could have Evac as a wizard but I want Warlock because ......"
    [/QUOTE]
    I remember that decision fondly. The answer, obviously, was that Warlock's vastly outdamaged Wizards, and just about everyone else for that matter. This is no longer the case, but Wizards _still_ get evac. Ah well, the nerf bat swings full circle again and again, until nobody is happy. LIve and learn.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bucksnort Guest

I remember that decision fondly. The answer, obviously, was that Warlock's vastly outdamaged Wizards, and just about everyone else for that matter. This is no longer the case, but Wizards _still_ get evac. Ah well, the nerf bat swings full circle again and again, until nobody is happy. LIve and learn.

[/QUOTE]

You make an excellent point that many who are new to the MMORPG genre of games have yet to learn.
    Never play the Flavor of the Month class because sooner or later whatever makes that class overpowered/uber/super-highly attractive will get corrected by the devs and then you will be disappointed.
    Instead, ask yourself what class you would like to play based on what's fun for you, not on what's uber with the latest patch. That way you'll always be happy with your choice over the long haul since you know the power cycle is likely to ebb and flow, wax and wane through all the available classes eventually.
  14. ARCHIVED-Kablammo1961 Guest

/CHEER Bucksnort
    You got that right bro, flavor of the month just guarantees disappointment. I played a Gnome wizard in EQ1 (man I miss tinkering), thru good times and bad. I started my Gnome Wizard in EQ2 with the same name I had in 1, and I will play him til I win hehe.
    For those that care about nothing other than having the highest DPS, or solo the best or whatever, you are in for eventual disappointment no matter what you do. If you reroll, by the time you get max level, things will change. Pick what you like, and play it. I argue to improve my class to be sure, and Warlocks still have a significant DPS advantage over Wizards (but you have to manually parse the fights to find it), but I LOVE my Wizard. Always have, even when my Warlock buddy made me look like a punk every day. Now, it's pretty even, and close enough to me not to matter.

For now, Wizards are very capable and fun to play. Close enough for me.

Sir Kablammo Suddendeath
    54 Gnome Wizard
    Nomads - Blackburrow
  15. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

They should make sure there's no "flavor of the month" to begin with.
    They changed some of that with the races. Unlike EQ1, you can play about just any class with any race without getting big side effects or problems. Fun for everybody.

Aside from races, I've always thought every class would be equal as well, just with different abilities.
    Just because your Wizard class is doing great at the moment is no reason to deny the tons of "irregularities and inconsistencies" between various other classes.
    Before someone jumps up on his horse, I'm not saying every class should be the same, but they should be treated equally at the least.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ennis Guest

Bucksnort: /agree Those of us who played Wizards in EQ1 know quite well that each class is like a Pinata, with a blindfolded Dev swinging a baseball bat underneath. Which one he hits depends on which way the crybabies steer him/her.

Deathspell: There were always "flavor of the month" classes in EQ1, too. For a long, long time no one wanted Warriors in groups because they were seen as "mana sponges"-people wanted classes such as SK's, Rangers and Pallies because they could do mega DPS and had useful spells compared to the lowly Warrior. Then as time went on it became so that SK/Pally/Ranger could not tank stuff alot of the stuff at higher levels because they couldn't take the damage or hold aggro as well as they used to, unfortunately by then there were few Warriors around because people who played Warriors had rerollled/quit because they could not get groups nor could they solo. I know, I was one of them. I started my EQ1 life as a Warrior on Povar. I got bored sitting for hours with LFG up with no offers and no way to solo anything because I would get the ghetto beatdown. So I rolled a Druid alt which became my main for awhile, then I rolled a Wizard and never looked back.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ollaw Guest

I have to agree about too many people getting evac .. all scout classes get it at 25? Ouch
    It makes sense that wizards should be the class with evac (and druids too lol), but more classes getting it, like fury and warlock .. almost half the classes in the game will have the spell, and it doesn't really make for much of a unique ability in that case.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zyphius Guest

/agree
  19. ARCHIVED-Ashfire39 Guest

Goodness,

How about we just give every class an evac so everyone can say, "We have something to save the group." That'll be awesome eh?

EVAC NOW!

6 set of evacs start casting LOL

First of all, Wizards should of been the only one's with evac. They are the one's who has control of the power of the cosmos. Not an SK, not a druid, not a scout, nobody. Period. I wasn't even a wizard in EQ1, but I had to say, druids having the ability to teleport players across the world? Their fricken tree huggers! There power comes from the woods not time and space.

So what if Warlocks are sorcerers. Does anyone even wonder why they are compared? For instance, why the hell are wizards and warlocks both able to be good or evil? A warlock is evil period. And although wizards have been known to be evil as well it just makes more sense. But noo, they wanted to compare warlocks and wizards which was stupid to begin with. Here's a thought, forget the evac spell. How about asking for a flying potion instead that only warlocks can create. Hell, why not just ask for a magical flying broomstick. That would hit closer to how your character is.
  20. ARCHIVED-SonicZap Guest

Lol! Don't hold back or anything :smileyvery-happy:

But seriously, I have to agree to an extent. There has to be SOME sort of difference between a wizard and a warlock by the very virture that thier names are different, and nothing more.

If people took less time finding flaws in others and more time finding good things in themselves, we'd all be much happier: In EQ2 and RL. :smileyhappy:

-SonicZap-