Warlock vs. Conjuror

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Brandis, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Brandis New Member

Hello, I was wondering what the main advantages/disadvantages between Warlocks and Conjurors. From what I understand the Conjuror is better at soloing because of the pet, but the Warlock can pump out more damage?

What are the differences in DPS between these classes and what other advantages/disadvantages does one have over the other?

Thanks,
    Brandis
  2. Caela Well-Known Member

I've played both. I much prefer the conjuror. And it's probably just a personal preference. I put out much more DPS than on my conjuror than my warlock, even when my warlock was a couple of levels lower and in lesser gear.

Conjurors cast faster - so it at least feels like you are doing something more.

Both classes have AoE spells, but warlocks have more - and it seems AoE's are used most encounters. And there is nothing more fun than knocking down a bunch a mobs all at once.

Warlocks have more threat reducers - but conjurors have some baby heals and stoneskins. Warlocks have more interrupts than conjurors - which are needed in the last expansion.

I have often thought it would be great to combine the two classes, as they both have a lot going for them, and I always miss something on one class that the other class had.

But, my personal preference is my conjuror - I just know how to play her better because I've played her more, because she was more fun to play and I did better on her (see the cycle....)