Warlock guide Lvling

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vaerulf, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Vaerulf New Member

I think what a lot of us tend to be looking for is a basic lvling guide for low levels. My biggest issue is that I am returning to the game after quite a few years away (other mmo's and realized I missed it) and have a lock that is level 55 and basically it's Greek to me. I'm completely lost looking at my rotation. I'm fine soloing and I'm happy with playing alone for the time being until I can get to a point that I can contribute to a group. Mogrims is a awesome guide, but for us newbies (returning players and beginners) it's just a little more then we can handle lol. One of the reasons I have found my way back is that the other games or being whittled down to basically becoming so "user friendly" (WOW) and just would like to be able to find something I can read that isn't completely out dated to be able to learn my toon better. The AA's line etc is a great start building up (guides) and definitely worth following, but is it recommended for solo etc. I love the game and will continue learning it once again though as a older person that will read anything I came across to help me learn to play better I just would love to see more info out there.

TL;DR wish there were more updated guides for newbies and returning players for solo.
  2. Taka Active Member

There are! Run Dungeon maker til 90.. sky shrine through 95 ... then follow Mogrim/Chronus/Nune's handywork.. nod. And just be courteous enough to let group mates know you're a work in progress.. :)

While I jest slightly, I will say the principals outlined in the guide.. especially nune's in-depth work on spell efficiency @ eq2flames apply from before lvl 55 and well past it.. of course you won't have your prestige abilities. but you have the same general flow

gift of bert+Curse of darkness+netherrealm(58)

Aura of Void
    (Vaccuum Field, to reduce mitigation),
    Acid + Dark Pyre

If single target and rooting:
    root it with netherous binds, apply apocalypse+dark siphon, reapply acid and dark pyre, fill in with distortion/flames/dissolve

If its being tanked:
    apply apocalypse+dark siphon, reapply acid and dark pyre, fill in with distortion/flames/dissolve

If its hitting you:
    encase will stun it so you can move away, nullify will daze it so it will stop autoattacking for a moment.

big single target number in distortion.

On encounters:
    similar to above cept lead with absolution, then apply apocalypse+dark siphon, fill in dark nebula (which also stuns if you need to get away. and now skeletal grasp>netherous binds. If its being tanked, don't bother to root.

Furthermore, equip a (focus), spell casting weapon in secondary or ranged slot for auto attacks and stick to Haste: ~150, Multi: ~120, DPS: +700 new meta of the game..

Otherwise, just get used to your timings.. Warlocks are timing sensitive with pre-casts and dot timing. Get used to your rhythm and your flow and watch your power grow! GLHF.
  3. Vaerulf New Member

Thanks for the reply Taka!

That is exactly what I was looking for. As a returning player that had completely forgotten my toon it was what I needed to get going again. Looking at all my spells had me completely lost. I'm the kind of person that will scour the internet for information and it just isn't that easy to find it for my lock because it's either beginners, advanced, or completely outdated. I had been wanting to get back into the game because of the variety and the vast amount of ways you can set up your toon, but needed to get back a basic understanding of my rotation, spells etc. I did create a shadowknight (very enjoyable BTW) and it has helped me remember some things, but so far it's relatively easy to play (which all are pretty much at low levels and because you are learning as you go), but I have always found myself drawn to ranged DPS and I wanted to return to my lock which was 50's range. There are some things I wish were deciding about him such as I tend to only play evil these days (can't see myself paying the change fee) and different factions, but oh well what can ya do lol.

Another thing that also drew me back to the game was the excellent crafting system. One of the few that you feel you are actually creating something, which my lock was lvl'd to 61 sage. Also the complete character control with the huge AA system and after becoming numb from WOW dumbed down system it's a welcome change! I love the way it completely effects my locks spells and they can change completely from one row to another.

Once again thanks for the great advice.