Wardens Epic pet

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Faillen, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Faillen Member

I noticed that with the epic pet up we can't anymore cast the old Fairy Ally swarm pet. If we do it supersedes the epic pet Tunares Choosen.

I wonder if this is intended or a bug. As a swarm pet it should be able to be cast in addition to a permanent pet and not instead.

Not that the Fairy Ally does much good anyway, but just to understand.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

The Fairy Ally was mildly useful when some dps ran off somewhere out of range since it would chase the most damaged person in the group and heal them.
  3. Mrs. Song New Member

Yes, I still cast it now and then. I hope it's an oversight and will get fixed, so we can use them both.
    Also nice would be a shrink servant / call servant spell other permanent pet wielders have.
  4. Duffy Active Member

I have a bad feeling reporting this as bug or give feedback,though. Probably it gets "fixed" by making it a true mirror pet to the heal faerie, and becoming non permanent also. Anybody remembers the complaints about this huge ugly flowery tree warden had years ago? So we cast it into the walls, to not plaster everybody's UIs? Asked for a nice small bush or something like that? Dev answer: keep the huge tree to absolutely plaster everybodys view, but make it so that it cannot be cast into the walls.
    I am afraid the dev answer to our new pet will be to make it a 30-60s use with a big recast or something like that
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Every class has an always on ability and a temp ability. I don't foresee the devs messing with wardens any more then they already have. Personally, I think giving a healer class 100% personal dps boosts for their class defining epic 2.0 abilities is a suggestion that the devs don't see wardens AS healers any more, but rather utility :(
  6. Kari Well-Known Member

Defilers were also given two dps boosts for our epics, and I think we can safely say that we offer no utility (other than keeping people alive). I hope they fix your pet so you can keep the fairy, I always liked her.
  7. Pitta Active Member

Wardens are about as useful healers as dirges are. They have just fallen so far behind. The only content that they actually matter on is extremely hard hitting elemental fights.
  8. Lanwyllyn New Member

Love you too pitta...but unfortunately I have to agree to an extent. One of the main things we have are saves...a ton of saves. but the epic pet is lackluster/dismal and there is nothing graceful about Nature's Grace.....raid wide hierophantic genesis...now theres a thing!

Pet would be ok if it either pumped out some decent dps/heals...may be randomly warded the group as it dps'd...or some kind of group fervor buff...just...something other than poopy raw heals and dps
  9. Lordebon Active Member

Saves are next to pointless now - tanks have tons of their own, and if not they're going to get oneshot by a random auto, not a timeable hit.

The new epic pet is mediocre at best, especially in comparison to other classes' sustained buffs. The temp is even worse - autoattack damage on the short term is a joke, and lowing the cast time on CAs is really not that useful outside of VCs or the like. If one or the other was backed up by something substantial it'd be fine, but taken together they're a huge disappointment. There's simply little incentive for playing a warden anymore, and the lack of anything useful on the epic spells is a huge missed opportunity to bring some parity.
    Febrith, quisling and Mermut like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I still play my warden, but I've mostly given up pointing out the problems with the current state of healing mechanics because it's clear that nothing is going to change. I'm not sure why there seems little interest in the issue on the dev side, but the lack of effective movement is pretty clear that fixing it isn't a priority.
    With the current state of healing mechanics, wardens are utility, not healers. And even our utility is fading because some of our best buffs are for cb.. but the cb cap is so low, that those buffs are useless.

It's depressing that I can't even PuG on my warden because my ability to keep a group alive in KA heroics is determined, almost exclusively, by the OTHER toon's gear.
    Febrith and quisling like this.