Warden Solo AA Build

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Heplock, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Heplock New Member

Community, the title says it all. I am particularly curious about the initial tab. I know I should go probably go down the Wisdom line, but which other line should I follow ? If possible, could an up to date build be linked ? Thanks.
  2. Sogapa Active Member

A solo warden should absolutely NOT go down the wisdom line. It's a bunch of wasted points to get a self-rez. A solo warden for sure...and arguably in other situations...should go str/agi/int in the druid tree. Get the combat art conversions in the warden tree and basically focus on things that enhance your melee dps. You have enough healing by default for soloing. All your AAs should be spent either increasing your survivability (mitigation/hp) or your dps.

Frankly, in all situations, I prefer str/agi/int because it brings more overall benefit with fewer wasted points. With points spent in your passive heals in str line and heroic tree, you will probably never have to actively heal while soloing. And when you do have to throw out some heals, infusion will allow you to continue dpsing, albeit at a lower rate. With a 2h weapon, you can throw up a heal between autoattacks during your rotation to keep heals ticking if needed, but that's unlikely to be needed when facing solo content.
  3. Until We Felt Red Member

I am new to the game and leveling a Warden as well and I think i get where you're going here, but I'm not sure. I went down the Wisdom tree (and into talents that increased mitigation and defense) because it seemed like almost everything else turns my casted spells into melee attacks and if I wanted to play melee, I'd do that. What am I missing here? I have an SK merc and I heal her and cast spells when necessary. Are the melee versions of the spells free of a power cost? If so, I could see making the switch to conserve mana, but otherwise, I don't get it.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

The melee conversions don't take less power, but if you put 5 AA in them, they are better, far better, then your spells unless you upgrade your spells to master. As, as a warden, if you go down the strength line, you have a chance for a 'free' heal every time you hit a mob with a melee attack.
    When soloing (without a merc) I rarely died on my warden, even while leveling up. If you've got a merc, the chances of dying are nearly non-existent, so you'll probably be better off spending points on the int and str lines rather then getting the self rez from the wisdom line.
  5. Until We Felt Red Member

Cool, thanks. I did notice the melee versions seemed to be higher damage and I figured that was because you had to get up close with the mobs. My concern is that if I'm in melee range, my heals will trigger aggro, but I'm not sure if EQ2 has the same threat behavior as EQ1 (see: closer to the mob = more aggro).
  6. Heplock New Member

Please correct me if I am wrong: After reading everyone's posts, and viewing several other Wardens AA specs, I have come to the conclusion that going down the Agility line is almost a nessecity (sp. ?). And, Infusion in the Int. line is extraordinarily helpful, as is the AE proc in the strength line. I might be doing something wrong, but I am only able to fill two lines, and part of a third before I cannot put anymore in. I take it that I would not fill the entirety of the respective lines ?
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

You don't need to fill in all the bubbles in a line. You only need to put 22 points in the first 3 bubbles to get the 4th one. Most people don't put 10 pts in all 3 of the bubbles.

How much dps and healing you do determines how much aggro you generate. How close to the mobs you are when you do those things is not a factor in EQ2.
  8. Hammdaddy Active Member

Rebirth is really good on a warden soloing, if you mess up a script and it kills you it usually doesn't kill a merc then you can get back up.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Top tier if you're messing up frequently or doing content beyond intended (ie moloing heroic stuff), agreed. While leveling up, especially with a merc, death is so infrequent as to make it not useful, esepcially when you're still gaining AA so where you put AA is more important.
  10. Heplock New Member

Thanks community. Y'all are so much more helpful and nice than that of SWTOR.
  11. Mktavish01 Member

Yes ... I was gona say the same thing ... although that thinking is new to me.

As far as a second end line ... the infusion would be the top of my list.

Scrap the agi line unless you want to charm pets. Which can give a little boost to infusion group procs.
    The tortoise shell is rather worthless for solo ... front load and compression on hots ... you can live without.
    The stone skin on sylvan bloom would be better.

Stamina line ... meh. If your needing something to get you out of stun that often ... one isn't going to do it.

And of course get some stuff in the str line if you want to mele ... but the end line there is no prize.
  12. Mktavish01 Member

Sorry with my post to confuse ... picking rebirth and infusion would best be done after 44 pts of course

Before then picking the stuff in the str line is probably your best bet (if mele is your choice)
    atleast 12 but 16 , 18 ... then even on up to 30 pts put in the first 3 is not a waste.

Plus picking a lot of the first abilities in the lines spreading your pts out isn't bad to start.

But beside the str line ... the wis line is probably the best one. (str line best one to a point if going mele , but not end line)

The aoe root with dispel is awesome.
    The in combat speed works well with that ... not sure but I think it stacks with sprint.
    It definitely stacks as an out of combat run speed ... like with SoW and J boots.
    The obfusication is really nothing to sneeze at. Almost as good as Serene Knowledge on the stamina line for preventing stuns. But better that it absorbs all other hostile spells. For PVE ... what it does not work on is the Boss special effects. But not a big deal solo if carrying a potion or other anti stun item.
    And of course the end self rez ... which is now totally awesome because of having a merc who can keep the encounter engaged till you get your dying **** up ... hehe.

The Infusion Line ... a very close second ... all because you go down the line and get the infusion. Without infusion only the first extra mele hit is really worth it. But that boost to your Focus along the way ... Hell Ya! ;)
  13. Until We Felt Red Member

I switched over to the melee line and it's been better for my groups as the AOE heal pulses enough to keep things from getting too hairy most of the time. Only frustration is the cooldowns are much longer, so I don't feel like I'm really doing much more actual damage and the spells are very expensive. But the passive healing is worth it, I think.
  14. Sunscour New Member

Quick Question.....
    So I have a solo AA tree and then a group AA tree, is there a way to have my hotbars also switch between the two?
    I like to sometimes run around and harvest stuff, but my Warden is actually a healer.
  15. Canth Active Member

I save and load hotbars for different specs all the time.

/savehotkeys filename.txt
    /loadhotkeys filename.txt

I have 3 specs and flip back and forth just by changing the file name and loading the relevant hotkeys.