Warden Relic Cloak Blue stats

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Ratitz, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Ratitz Active Member

I recently looted the warden relic cloak on my warden, Lokoidin. It has doublecast. Doublecast is completely useless for wardens, as the entire point of the class is for them to be melee healers, and furies spell healers. Can we either give all relic cloaks both doublecast and flurry, or take a better look at how the class is played and tier the so called "class defining" cloaks to actually be useable by the classes intended to use them? I feel this wouldnt be a bad change to make, taking into consideration their drop rate and relic tag, as to be worn over items like the signature questline ring.
    Kraeref, oranges, Tyman and 2 others like this.
  2. Germs Member

They did the same thing to the Inquisitor cloak. Cut+Paste for all healer cloaks. Lame.
  3. Healious Active Member

I posted something similar during beta about the Inquisitor cloak. Nobody is listening.
  4. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

What else is on the cloak? Does it have heal effects? Does it have a lot of potency?

Does it say Warden only, or does it have other classes that could also wear it?

Seems like a big to do about one stat that isn't entirely useless, since there are times when I'm not doing melee on my warden.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's warden only. It's relic. It makes Sandstorm raid-wide. It's basically the All for One cloak + the class specific ability
  6. Smite Active Member

I've got a question or two.

Double cast still does not create "double events" effectively increasing total time for HOT's or more triggers Reactives correct?
    _ _ _

If that mechanic does not exist why would there be double cast floating all over the place in itemization?

15 SDA turns into a paltry ~1500 AM, 26 DPS, or 8 Strikethrough... SDA used to be very rare and hard to push up so it should be worth alot more at the reforger (15,000 AM, 200 DPS, etc.)

I have to admit that the bar for Furies just got lower... Maybe this was the Dev's way to balance the weaker non-raid healers in group content?
    _ _ _

As an Inq....

A target of 100% Spell Double Attack would be desirable if and only if....

The elapsed time on Divine Guidance, Divine Waters, and Inquisition were doubled to 48s, 30s, and 30s respectively since they're basically HWT's (heal windows of time) for Inqs.

The triggers for Malevolent Diatribe, Penance, and Fanatic's Inspiration were 100% doubled all the time and the 36% from the Prestige meant that those doubles had a chance to double 36% of the time.

i.e.... 24 Malevolent Diatribe triggers some of the time would be 24 Malevolent Diatribe triggers all of the time and 48 Triggers some of the time. Same kind of extension for Penance and Fanatic's Inspiration as well.
    _ _ _

Of course, a simple effect of:

"The health threshold limiting the ward from Interrogation has been removed" would be far simpler and less overpowered.

For left side holdouts like myself it could read "Fanatic's Protection now increases the health received by the target's group by 50% if not fighter and 100% if fighter."
  7. Smite Active Member

Things would be easier to see if there was an array of min/max scales like we had in CoE/ToV and even AoM. Maybe the Devs could feed EQ2 wire a chart by Scout/Mage/Healer/Tank:

Advanced Solo........ No Infusion ............. Max AS Infusers
    Heroic ............ No Infusion .............. Max Heroic Infusers
    x2 .............. No Infusion ............. Max Heroic/Raid Infusers
    x4 ................. No Infusion ............. Max Raid/MaxPlat Infusers

Because even I'm having a hard time deciding how I want to spend my time in the game. Agnostic appearance armor looks more enticing as it isn't clear how high the ceilings are in ToT.

The new zones "feel" the same relative difficulty as AoM was last year at this time but it's not obvious when it's going to "feel" easier since the dropped equipment isn't that much better.
    _ _ _

ToT could use some metagaming assistance.

Even I wouldn't mind some long term goals and realistic expectations for my playstyle/time to help me focus rather than just keep collecting infusions until I'm ready to sacrifice them to the equipment and hope I don't get upgrades for 6 months.

ToT Itemization and Infusion Design System..... Grade: A+

ToT Communication to Help Shape Expectations of Players...... Grade: D-
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Double cast doesn't help heals, at all. No extra triggers for Reactives, no more time/pulses for HoTs, etc.
    Heck, it doesn't even double the triggers for things like coercer's reactive damage spells.
    Kraeref and Kuulei like this.
  9. Smite Active Member

So SDA wouldn't even help on my reactive damage /proc heals spells like Vengeance and Repentance? ... SDA is even less desirable from that angle.

Although for a direct heal like Ministration (single target) or Alleviation (groupwide) I'm sure it does do the trick but getting to 100% SDA to ensure those two are twice as big...

It could be useful but that's alot of flurry and DPS mod I'd have to give up just to awkwardly have more a bigger "I win" button on direct group heals when Kiss of Life helps me cover that weakness most of the time.
    _ _ _

My experience as a healer (ease/challenge) has far more to do with the class of the tank past a certain gear threshold than anything else.

Being paired with a Guardian or Berserker means > > > > > > > > to me than 100% SDA to maybe compensate for group damage pulses...

Add to that the right combo of Summoner / dirge / coercer / swash or brig...

_ _ _

We all (me included) have probably spent too much time the last few weeks grumbling about the opaque nature of the itemization decisions when really all that matters is what the other classes are in the group.

Changes to the class cloaks unless truly Mythical overpowered won't compensate for missing class combinations in a group.

At least not on an Inquisitor and I imagine not on a Warden either.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Double cast does NOTHING for heals of any type. It doesn't increase the heal amount of direct heals, the size of wards, the number of ticks on HoTs or the number of triggers of reactives. It's something only for offensive abilities.
  11. Smite Active Member

Spell Double Attack not equal to Spell Double Cast

Got it.

Well let's hope for 100% SDC on items for summer 2016 then instead of the 100% SDA we have now.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Spell double cast and spell double attack are exactly the same thing, mechanics-wise. They do nothing for heals.
  13. Smite Active Member

Well spell double cast/trigger effects for heals already exist for Inquisitors thus my confusion that a %double cast meant it could work for heals as well.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Penitent's_Absolution_(Mythical) - 50% chance bonus direct heal on direct heals

http://beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU68;bt503 Prestige Tab - 3 in Flawless Reaction 36% chance for double triggers of reactives
    _ _ _

Back to the cloak - I don't think any class cloaks will be changed (class spell effects) but it might be possible to get that SDA off or change its reforge rate.
  14. Ratitz Active Member

I don't want them to change the effect on the warden cloak, the effect is fine. what I want is for the doubcast, which is a COMPLETELY useless stat for wardens, changed to flurry. the blue stats on cloaks overall, save for the mage cloaks, are entirely wrong and need to be relooked at for better useability
    the entire point of the RELIC tag was for us to choose which relic we would wear is entirely defeated if the majority of relics given to use are neat, but not useable in any circumstance, hence the guardian, coercer, paladin, inquisitor, Templar, and mystic cloaks, along with their respective stats. for example: a tank cloak with out tank stats? literally what the ****
    Ratitz/Lokoidin/Pitta
  15. Koko Well-Known Member

Warden abilities that can doublecast
    -Dawnstrike (spell)
    -Frostbite
    -Icefall
    -Winds of Permafrost
    -Nature's Pack
    -Wrath of Nature
    -Rage of the Wild
    -Dawnstrike (CA)
    -Frostbite Slice
    -Icefall Strike

Yes, some of those are combat arts. Yes, the healing component of Rage of the Wild is doublecast too. No, the doublecast healing component does not trigger if Rage of the Wild provided lethal damage.

Good thread though.
  16. oranges Member

Are you positive warden combat arts actually benefit from doublecast and that's not just the additional hit from Assisting Wind?

Edit: Popped a training dummy to test. Apparently they do doublecast.
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

Only saving grace is you can reforge out of doublecast.

But agree it should be flurry.
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I agree with all posters here and with regards to all cloaks. If the proc says all for one there should be DC and Flurry present. On all cloaks with this proc not only class specific relic ones.
    All for one needs to be all for one as they were in RC.
    Similar should be done with Deception belts.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

^this. And we have been asking for it forever.