Warden Question

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Cadamus, Nov 13, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Cadamus Guest

I am trying to decide between Warden and Fury, and one of the things that I am worried about is the fact that all of the Warden damager spells are cold based. Am I missing something or could this limit wardens against things that are cold resistant?
  2. ARCHIVED-Gravewolf Guest

I'm still undecided as well, but most priest subclasses only have one main damage type anyway. Furies get mostly Mage based DD's while Wardens get a Divine DoT and a Cold DD.
  3. ARCHIVED-AhastarShadowfeather Guest

I personally like Warden because of the more defensive direction as well as the rather good-directed RP backgroung.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Wardens aren't limited to only cold-based damage spells; as someone else mentioned, we get divine and heat based spells as well (they just take longer to get to). So no, you'll have no issues with resistances later on.

Personally, I love my Warden. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

You get wolf form far before 48. :) In fact, it's the first Warden spell you'll get!
  7. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

I know that now. :smileytongue: Was hard to find any hard lists of abilities and spells back then. lol I'm lvl 20 Warden running around Najena in Wolf form most the time. :smileyhappy:
  8. ARCHIVED-Artannis Guest

The weird thing I have found Cadamus is that cold based creatures in Everfrost and Permafrost zones have the same amount of resistance to cold based spells as any other mob. I get very few full resists maybe 1out of 14 when fighting in Permafrost zone. My heat spell the only one which is summer's flame continues to do way less against cold mobs /bug.
  9. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

I've noticed the reverse for fire based mobs, resistance and damage is the same as it is if I'm fighting normal mobs.... no extra damage and still the occasional resist depending on mob level. It doesn't seem as if mobs recognize different damage types at all to me.