Warden or Inquis at 90. help please

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Crondizzle, Mar 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Crondizzle Guest

Hey guys, with all the changes un SF, who is looking better right now at 90, Warden or Inquis. here is what I will be doing.
    Looking to mainly BG, grouping, solo, maybe raid in the long future, but in the first 3 areas mainly is what I am concerened.
    Can a warden put out around the same dps as a inquis, and who can keep their group up better as a healer. Thanks in advance. Why do you play a Warden over an Inquis. thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

Crondizzle wrote:
    Both are good in BGs, but wardens are more heal oriented. Though a well played inquisitor will hold his ground just fine, wardens' AE heals make the difference.

Inquisitors can put out nice dps in groups and heal through most content..but wardens are hands down better in group content.

Solo, both work quite well, with inquisitors have the DPS advantage, putting out a bit more dps with no extra skill/gear/AA/etc.

Raid wise, Wardens have recently been rejected quite often (in TSO that is); as it stands today, I can't tell for sure but it looks like both will be able to raid high end just fine (but I can see a raid force taking 2 inquisies before they take 2 wardens).
  3. ARCHIVED-Rheagar Guest

My Inquis is 85 right now and I BG about 3-4 hours a day.
    I can honestly say that Wardens are wayyyyyyyyy better suited for BG healing. I have a hard time keeping a single person up through assist trains let alone an entire group.
    Our Reactive AE takes forever to cast. Our AE heal is castable once every 8-9 secs. Also, what good are reactives that proc for 1100 per tick when people hit for 5-10k. The only good thing is if you can single focus 1 person with heals...he wont die, BUT...that never happens.
    Now, Raiding...I have no idea. I will get the PvP gear for my Inquis now, but I am rerolling as soon as Im done.
  4. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Wardens are the kings (queens) of groups and BGs with their HoTs continuously flowing and those group heals along with 4 different blocks and DIs. This is even more true due to dropping of stunning the warden when casting a block and enlarging the block radius to 25m instead of 3.
    As for raids, many raid teams do NOT have wardens. Those that do, will generally just have one. Inquisitors are desireable for SF raids due to dps and cures. SF is more of a cure fest than it is a heal fest. The balance between heals and cures just isn't there in SF. Generally a raid team will try to find a good dps fury as their one druid on the team rather than a warden.
    In solo adventures, inquis will kill mobs faster than wardens, but not by much. Wardens can self- heal faster than inquisitors can, but it generally isn't game breaking due to procs available. So in solo work, I suggest to play the character you really enjoy depending on your playstyle.
    That said, what it all comes down to - is skill! You can have all the uber gear, be fully mastered and selected the best AAs for your character's role in a grp, solo or raid; but if your skill is lacking, then it really doesn't matter.
    BTW, I play not only a warden and an inquisitor, but also a defiler