Warden Battle Ground God mode

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-Darlordofthesith8969, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

StaticLex wrote:
    Guardians are absolutely amazing at holding agro, Staying alive in PvP and doing damage is a different story. I'd got as far as saying their Agro in PvP is OP, but their lack in other areas balance them.
  2. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Stylish wrote:
    Not my fault every guard you've ever played was apparently terrible..
  3. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote:
    I don't know where you get the staying alive thing, next to brawlers guardians seem to take less damage than the other tanks. Anyway, as long as a tank holds aggro, preferably off a healer that is somewhat less than incompetent, nothing else matters. I guess this means guardians are OP to me. Time to petition soe!
  4. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Crismorn wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Stylish Guest

StaticLex wrote:
    Yes because I base my opinion on watching other people play...or it could be I've played both zerker and guard at 90.
  6. ARCHIVED-tantric Guest

Well I get a Kick out of Reading this stuff on Sat. while I'm sitting at work. I play a Wiz and I'm here to tell you that wardens are very killable.......I do it all the Time you just got to know how to turn the spit while you cook em. Dispal Magic is your friend adorn you gear and spec for Cast speed/reuse every time that DM is up you pop im again and then drop in Cease..........if he has frfiends around overheat him by using the group dots and hammer him with damage..get his head spinning trying to strip all the Dots and rush in drop a BoD+Fusion followed by Freehand IC and whatever else you can slip in then watch the fireworks......I droppped the Same warden solo 4 times in a row on night in Ganak....She had good PVP gear and was from Nagafen but every time she hopped off the Respawn I had Storming tempest on her before she could hit the ground
    so Quit Whinin about Wardens already and change the tactics you are using.
    There may be one or two rare wardens out there who are tough nuts to crack solo but Gimme another good wiz and a some Power regen and will melt that Berg.
  7. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

tantric wrote:
    Who was this warden? Having PvP gear doesn't equate into being a good player, it's simple as that. Anyone can have PvP gear and still be terrible. My 85 alt with 130 AA has 6-8 pieces of it, and I'm far from "good" at it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

He is probably a warden himself
  9. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

tantric wrote:
    Storming Tempest is pretty irritating actually. heh
  10. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Fact.
    Your whole post is opinion.
    (nerf wardens, shadowknights, rangers, inquisitors)
  11. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

Rahatmattata wrote:
    Fixed.
  12. ARCHIVED-tullebukk Guest

I honestly cant see how any wardens can die solo to a wizard..
    3 cures + Tranquility + Elemental Ward.
    But then again, I guess it depends on gear/AA/Adorns. Just sounds very weird to me..
  13. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Corydonn wrote:
    Bruisers are trash.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sinaya Guest

People's pretentiousness never ceases to amaze me. I'm sorry I don't spend as much time studying your class as you do. I'm going to go play outside since my Priest-Shadowknight is too overpowered to be worthwhile to enjoy.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mythicor Guest

Best way to kill a warden is to kill everyone else in their group first since 90% of the wardens ive grouped with cant group heal worth a damn. They can heal themselves amazingly well. Problem is everyone goes for the healer first which doesnt work against geared wardens. For all those huge warden parses out there look at their damage recieved. Big chunk of it is usually them just healing themselves.
  16. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Mythicor wrote:
    wardens are the 1st or 2nd best group healers in PvP, people just run out of range of them and die, or wear crap gear.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

Mythicor wrote:
    I hate to agree on here but its the truth. Ive had some klakanon bgs yesterday and ofcourse both teams had their fair share of zerkers, brawlers and shadowknights. In one specific round were 2 brawler and 1 sk with + some others + a healing warden and i could hardly believe what i saw. I could burn down the tanks easily because of their lack of toughness gear but it was impossible to touch the healer. I dont remember if we actually managed to kill him once but we won the round by totally destroying his grp members who he couldnt keep up. Weird stuff happening nowdays in pvp.
  18. ARCHIVED-Mythicor Guest

Wardens are the best self healers, the end. Besides davionx in heal spec.
    They might be capable of being best group healers, but most are crap.
  19. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Ajjantis wrote:
    Short and sweet.

Well DUH??!?! You could kill a poorly geared tank easier than the most overpowered healer class in BG/PVP combat?

grats...........

Edit: I can kill poorly geared druids in 1 or 2 auto attacks. It proves nothing. A toon with trash gear, played by a clueless noob, will be an easy kill. It is just a lot easier to excel with a warden than any other healer.
  20. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    Lol, some of the posts here show a great lack of knowledge about the warden class. Its actually easier to heal the group in bg's cause with the taunts and group heals actually going further then single target, thats is what is cast. Spam group heals over and over and let the hot portions of them stack to keep the group up after the first half of the heal hit. Most healers will spend 90 percent of their time taunt locked if facing a knowledgable tank. Tranquility being nerfed was one of the big things that allowed wardens to survive since it cured and healed the smart warden who put it on himself.
    Thats okay, most healers wont want to go to bg's now. I may go once in my full set of bg gear to see how bad it is in the next couple of days.
    Its funny that most of the crying to get wardens and all healers nerfed were from dps classes who want to be able to one shot them, lol. They dont like to actually use stratagy to take down a tough group like coordinating attacks, picking weaker targets, talking to each other to coordinate debuffing/stunning with big attacks.
    I know, no one wants to think or talk in the game any more. I have given up on any bg's using that though, but I dont cry nerf the clerics, tanks, scouts, and mages cause I cant kill them either, lol. Guess that is a scout/mage thing, lol.
    Now your right about the toughness part. A warden cant ward or put a reactive to buy time like cleric or shaman can so any group member with poor gear will go down faster then regens can tick on them.