Wantia adornment recipes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mercychalice, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Why are the other 2 not available on the Mara merchant? I don't mind doing the work, IF it's actually do-able, but, well, I can't conquer the epic one by myself, and I can't seem to generate enough interest to be able to get enough tokens to obtain these recipes (much less doing it at least a hundred times or more...:( ). At the moment, it's pointless for the epic public event in Thalumbra to be up, because NO ONE bands together to do it. It's too tedious for anyone to care about doing (especially now, with all the Epic 2.0 hullaballoo happening). I honestly wish that if these recipes were going to be left where they were, that you guys (developers, I'm looking at you) would have left the smaller ring events up in Thalumbra instead, to give some of us a chance to catch up to be able to use something so currently relevant. Either adding the recipes to the Mara merchant or putting the smaller ring events in to be able to actually get done would be a stellar adjustment.
    Quillyne, Eliohia2, Finora and 2 others like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

No one does the ToT PQ. Purchasing the adornments recipes from the Mara merchant still requires effort from the player to get the proper currency. At this point, I think just put them on the Mara merchant.
  3. Aran Anar Active Member

I would like to post here that it is NOT FAIR to have the Crit Bonus Wantia adorns recipie cost 1,200 Crusaders Metals wich are from the public quests, if the normal public quests where up then would take a lot of work but could do it with it being the normal public quests are removed and you Have To Do " EPIC " Public quests then it takes a guild or a good group to do it and most guilds even large raid guilds.. well at raid time players log in but for simple groups can be very hard to make a group for a epic public quest. For a crit bonus adorn recipie . Here is the Information on Wantia adorns :

Wantia White Adornments

Wantia adornments come from crafting using a recipes which can be purchased from Public Quest vendors using currency acquired by doing Public Quests in various overland zones.
    Recipe Vendors
    • Aldaelon Rootbed & Jasper Sodtiller <Order of Arcane> in Kelethin (ar /waypoint 268, 109, 374)
    • Omarin T’Zaana & Naris T’Vaska <The Spurned> in Neriak (ar /waypoint -687, 16, 200)
    • Gramdur & Durbain <Defender’s Merchants> in Thalumbra (ar /waypoint 619, 88, 75)
    Recipes
    Adornments
    If you want Potency adorns then they simply cost 45 far seas tokens wich are very easy to get . I AM CONFUSED here? Day break why are Potency adorns easy to get I got the recipie yesterday and the crit bonus adorns cost like 1,200 very hard to get medals from a public event that is epic takes a group and you must wait for when the event is up?

So to be fair here is my idea... Put all on the Mara merchant for everything listed above every wantia adornment recipie.

Would also be nice if we could CRAFT the Purple cloak rune with the nice 8/8 set bonus on it would make the game a lot more fun and CRAFT the Cy an adorns for main hand off hand and ranged those 4 adorns are the hardest to get and most players forgot all about those , Thank you :D
  4. Warriousalexis New Member

You can swap the current PQ currency from KA to the old to get your recipes. Seeing as most of us already paid 1200 coins for those recipes and worked our butts off to get them, I don't foresee a change in this at all. And if they do, then a reimbursement for everyone who did pay that would be in order.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trade your current PQ tokens for the old ones. The current ones allow you to get some VERY nice jewelry pieces and you can always fine somebody who DOES have the recipe to make you the wantia adorns.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

You can't. The medals on Sarya (Nye merchant) are Defender's Medals in exchange for the Sovereign Medals.

To buy the book from merchant you need Crusader's Medals, and those aren't offered on exchange.

Probably easier to ask in chat channels and get them made :)
  7. FracasKrusher Active Member

It would be nice to have the option to trade for the medals needed for the recipes.

Or some other way to earn the Crusader's medals.

Some players like to be independent and earn/make their own stuff
    Mercychalice likes this.
  8. Conifur Well-Known Member

It would be nice to trade all the old junk currency I have for newer stuff, but since they have not done it ever (just go look at your currency tab) I doubt they will do it now that they are actively trying to make this game painful
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

If they let you convert old currency to new each expansion would be finished in a weekend. Does it really need to be spelled out how that is a bad idea?
    Jrox and Mermut like this.
  10. Conifur Well-Known Member

Please do, because currency has nothing to do with completing an expansion. Other then the artificial time sinks thrown in this last one they were anyway. With a bit of thought you could tie it to completing the Sig line. Tie it to faction. You could do a lot of things and none of it has anything to do with completing an expansion. The problem is every new "expansion" pretty much makes the old stuff obsolete even when there has not been a level increase.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

What they SHOULD have done is left in at least one of the non-raid PQs from the other event. As it stands now it's unlikely many folks will be getting those recipes just because no one does the ToT raid PQ.

Working for it isn't the issue. It's the lack of an doable method of working towards it.
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

This, exactly.
    Conifur likes this.
  13. Mowse Well-Known Member

bump
  14. Observing Active Member

I am pretty sure you can solo the Thalumbra PQ, if you start right on the 2 hour clock. Whether it is worth the 40 hours to get one recipe is another question...

So it is like getting the ethereal runes ... technically still possible but realistically not feasible.
  15. Mowse Well-Known Member

was wishing (as my dad use to say though.."wish in one hand and #%^& in the other and see what fills up first. He was colorful) that a crafter version of gaining tokens could be developed
  16. Eliohia2 Active Member

I am on skyfire and if anyone wants to do the PQ let me know..maybe we can get a whole group? I still need like 600 more to get the last one. I have one of them and the pot one...
  17. Taligia New Member

Trying to revive this issue because there is still no change. The ability mod and crit bonus recipes are impossible to get at this point in the game, but the adornments are very relevant to the KA content. I like to be self sufficient which is why I have 100 level tradeskillers of all classes, but just leveling my adorning and tinkering now. A few more faction quests and I will have the wantia raw power adornment recipe, but no way to get the others and don't want to keep bugging the one person who I know that has the recipes. He's been making them for the whole guild and I want to be able help. And no, Warriousalexis, I am not asking for them to be handed to me when you worked for them. I am asking for a way that I actually can work for them such as putting them on the currency merchant in Obulus frontier for the same 1200 coins paid in the old expansion, or be able to trade my KA PQ coins for crusaders medals, or some other doable means to work for them. I am very willing to work for them. It's just that I can't work for them when the Epic PQ in ToT is the only way to get the medals. I've asked some friends and they all say that epic PQ is such a PIA they don't want to do it.
  18. Taligia New Member

We aren't asking to trade old junk currency for newer currency, we are asking to have the new currency, Sovereign Medals, exchangeable for an old currency, Crusaders Medals, so we can earn the new currency and trade it for old to get the wantia adorning recipes. They currently allow trading Sovereign Medals for Defenders Medals which will buy housing items, but no way to realistically be able to earn/obtain Crusaders Medals at this time.
  19. Allysia New Member

For those that don't know, as of May 23, this has been fixed. You can convert Sovereign Medals to the Defender ones on a 1 to 1 basis and both receipes have been reduced to 200 each instead of 1200. There is also only 1 Defender's Currency now. Thank you Daybreak!!!!:D
    Mercychalice, Mathafern and Shmogre like this.
  20. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

YAY!! Thank you Daybreak. This is a +1 in your favor! :)