Want to raise Ashen order faction easily?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-agressiv4, Nov 24, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-agressiv4 Guest

Since this would only (logically) apply to Qeynosians, (or someone from Freeport who doesn't want to be KOS with the order anymore):

Go to the Sprawl - slaughter Giantslayers. Each kill raises Ashen Order by 50, and lowers Ashen Disciples by 100.

agressiv³
  2. ARCHIVED-StrikeFear Guest

Where is "The Sprawl" ?
  3. ARCHIVED-dacat Guest

Sprawl is located by freeport, goto CL and you can get into the spawl from there.
  4. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Ummms, aren't the Giantslayers the 'good' guys nowadays? After they revamped the starter areas
  5. ARCHIVED-megaira13 Guest

Thwack a giantslayer and you lose major monk faction. Don't believe me? Go whack one and see the message.

I ran around clearing the sprawl for the Bonebladed Claymore HQ. Didn't even think about it - went out to PoF at 50 and had to solve the mystery of the agro monks everywhere. Everything was agro out there. I went back and did the dreadnaught quests to raise my dreadnaught faction again, however, it did not raise ashen faction.

I could be wrong, but I'd doublecheck before you go on a spree.
  6. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

That's what ah thought, mah assassin whacked a Giantslayer (for old times sake, she used to enjoy having them cower in her presence :D) and she got faction hit from both Ashen groups (Order and Disciples)
  7. ARCHIVED-agressiv4 Guest

Went into the sprawl with my new Bruiser alt:

(1166232812)[Fri Dec 15 19:33:32 2006] You have killed a Giantslayer brute.
    (1166232812)[Fri Dec 15 19:33:32 2006] You stop fighting.
    (1166232812)[Fri Dec 15 19:33:32 2006] Your faction standing with The Ashen Order got better.
    (1166232812)[Fri Dec 15 19:33:32 2006] Your faction standing with The Ashen Disciples got worse.
    (1166232812)[Fri Dec 15 19:33:32 2006] Your faction standing with The Dreadnaughts got worse.

agressiv³
  8. ARCHIVED-megaira13 Guest

That's interesting - monks and disciples both (IIRC) were KoS to my SK. Or, maybe the order isn't as visible as the disciples.
  9. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Ah still would like to know how to raise Disciple faction, or do you have to go all the way out to SS to do it
  10. ARCHIVED-ailees Guest

what if you kill monks from order ?
  11. ARCHIVED-agressiv4 Guest

Been a while, but I know evil chars *used* to have it easy - I would just slaughter harpies, since those raised Ashen Disciple faction. They don't anymore. When a bud wanted to get his Ebon Dragon title, we had to kill Ashen Order Monks. Being heroic singles, it took *much* longer. It was easier to do the solo quests.

Back when you killed harpies, well, I had a warlock. Nebula --> Group Root --> Devastation --> Absolution --> No more harpies, massive faction in a very short time.

Ashen order didn't have this option at the time - looks like the tables are reversed, and big time. Harpies may be easy, but you can die. Going to the sprawl you could one-hit Auto-attack anything in the zone - its a joke.

agressiv³
  12. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

OK I sit at 50,000 faction wiht Ashen Order. Who gives me my title? I went back into the camp and Shen Ri is now aggro to me. He calls me a weakling and tells me to go away then he attacks me. Some gratitiude. I have 50,000 faction with them and I have done all of their errands for them now I cannt even get my title. Did I do something in EoF to mess this up? I am wondering since I have -200 faction with Wu in LF would this mess this up?