Want to buy a Horse

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Tanatz, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Tanatz Guest

For my Coercer. He is guilded but has 0 status. I want to buy him the fastest horse I can with about 10pp, which I consider a lot being that I only have 15pp to my name. Does status lower the cost of a horse? Personal status or guild status? With 0 status, what's the fastest horse I can score with 10pp? FYI, he is lvl 41, should I just level a bit more and start the carpet quest? What level can I start that at? Thanks in advance, searching the forums for "horse" wasn't exactly helpful.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mirul Guest

My $.02 is to wait and start the Carpet Quest. You should be able to start this at level 46/47. It's a 40% speed modifier and it's free. I had a horse before the carpet and it was a 24% speed modifier which was better than me running around on foot. I know there are faster mounts and for 10pp I'm guessing you are looking at a 48% speed buff? But I'm also cheap and wouldn't have 10pp to spend on a horse so oh well...
  3. ARCHIVED-Zarador Guest

I'm not sure on the horse speed (Guild one) but I believe it to be 46%, the carpet is 40% and level 47 required. Depending on funds and the price on your server, you could buy the relics, amulets, scrying stones and parchments from a player off the broker. The Emerald ones give a great deal of points, 650 I believe or higher each and turn them into the 4 writ givers. It cost me about 3 plat to raise enough status on my new Fae for the 9 Plat horse.
  4. ARCHIVED-UlteriorModem Guest

[p]I outran a charecter on a horse last night on foot.[/p][p]I used a SoW token but still... something to consider.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Tanatz Guest

Whoa, so you can craft a horse? Is there a Horse FAQ somewhere, you just hit me with a lot of info. edit: will most likely just wait it out until 47 then for the carpet quest.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ishnar Guest

Then you were probably running past a Paladin or SK with a starter horse. Those horses only give a 10% speed buff.
  7. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

I would recommend that you visit the horse merchant in your city. In Qeynos, he is in the stables in South Qeynos. If you hail the horse merchant, you can see what options you have. My Spirit Horse cost around 10pp, but it also required a substantial amount of status and for my guild to be level 30. Remember that if you do have the required guild level, you could go earn some status by doing some heritage quests and/or writs.
  8. ARCHIVED-Afterdark Guest

Do what I did, buy every horse.
  9. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

[p]Tanatz wrote: [/p]
    [p] [/p][p] [/p][p]I don't see anywhere in your quote where you would think they are talking about crafting a horse.[/p][p]Tinkerers can craft a mount with charges, but it is expensive.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Xzhero Guest

<a href=http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=347452> The Mount Guide</a>
    Pictures, prices, and descriptions of every mount there is. Since the forum revamp it hasn't been entirely redone, but all it's really missing are the guild level 60 horses and the various carpets/tinkered mounts.
    The carpet is free, yes, but oh-so-boring...
  11. ARCHIVED-Xzhero Guest

Sorry about the link. Juat wanted to add that the 10pp horses (that is, the ones that don't need status or... guildedness) are actually 9pp 83g and somethingsomething, and increase your speed by 40%. It's all in the guide. =)
  12. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

then there are the 14p and change horses in each of the Maj'Dul courts that are 40% with like 4.6 bonus to crushing, slashing, focus, piercing....not so glamorous anymore.