Wall of Fame...where, how, broken?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Vashek, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Vashek Guest

So I subscribed to get my guild the wall of fame for our site. Where is the tool, does it exist, and why so difficult to find? I have been trying eq2players.station.sony.com/guild_index.......site is just saying under maintenance. Any ETA?
    I'll be asking for my $1 back thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

The feature you are talking about went kapoof and vanished when they revamped the site around EoF release.
    Since then, a great deal of pleading and coaxing netted us the customizable guild roster which can sort guildies by different categories. So you can get all the information necessary to make your own wall of fame.
    However, you must do it yourself. They have not provided feeds for this data so that community projects such as rostermaster could make a similar wall of fame to the one we lost. So you would have to make and update your own wall of fame to get the desired results.
    Yes, it is lost functionality that many of us that still remember the old website miss and want back. It was a great tool for in-guild competition and morale, and if you want it back feel free to post about it and get your friends that want it to post. Maybe now that someone is again reading these boards, we might be able to get something done.
  3. ARCHIVED-Vashek Guest

Argh, huge dissapointment there. I swear isnt that like false advertising? lol...."Buy advanced guild tools and get your own wall of fame!"
  4. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

The Roster Master for Dragonfly module includes a guild wall of fame block; you can see it (and Roster Master) in action on my guild website: http://thehalasianempire.com
    The downside is that you have to be running Dragonfly CMS on a private (and typically not free) website through a hosting company -- no GuildPortal or EQ2Players sites. The upside is that you'll be running Dragonfly CMS on a private website through a hosting company that's NOT GuildPortal or EQ2Players. :D
  5. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

People without the know-how to handle moving their whole website to a CMS and wish to remain with sites like GuildPortal can still use the standalone version hosted on another server, and simply add a link to their Guildportal menu. The standalone version has lighter requirements (even the database is optional). Although not a real Hall of Fame, the Guild Summary has something close:
    http://www.lostrealm.ca/eq2/rm/inde...m_guild_details
    I had an additional "Oldest Members" chart that was pretty cool, but that never made it out of beta as the required data (Joined Date) was removed from EQ2Players at some point...